Buick Enclave Unveiled

Blue Oval Staff

Boy, I'm sure glad it has those portholes. You wouldn't know it for a Buick without them :rolleyes:

Richard, is/was that a Toyota Matrix? I heard GM was using them?

Sorry, my mistake, bigger car but gee fugly isn't it?

Edited by jpd80

Other than the chrome trim around the taillights, it looks to be an attractive vehicle. Kudos to GM for including up-to-date technology right from the start.

I don't know if it is enough to pull import buyers away from their Lexus and Acura SUV's. It seems the Buick brand screams "old man" louder than even Lincoln. Hopefully it can sell without a stack of cash on the hood.

I'd say Buick will hit the mark. It'll give the Edge a run for the money. Looks more luxiourious. But I'm guessing pricewise it'll be just shy of the MKX though. So it may end up being more of a competition for the Lincoln than the Ford. But of course, I'm sure all the dumbass car reviewers will compare it more to the Ford...

It'll give the Edge a run for the money.

First off, as you pointed out later in your post, the Enclave will not directly compete with the Edge. It's more expensive, far more upscale, and larger all around.

Second, based on the lukewarm reception the Edge has gotten (along with the MKX), I don't think you should be portraying it as any kind of benchmark. Pretty much every review has said it's too heavy, gets poor gas mileage, and basically fails to raise the bar in any way, shape, or form.

I wouldn't call the Edge reviews exactly lukewarm. Only two of them had anything substantially negative to say. Most of them like the design and function quite well. And as far as comparing it to the Edge, there is only one other vehicle out there that truely compares to either, and that would be the Murano. So it's currently a limited field, but obviously getting bigger...

Which platform is that?

Sorry, I was misinformed.

The the Subaru B9 Tribeca is not related to the Buick Enclave, it rides on GM Lambda platform.

The Subaru B9 Tribeca is based on the Subaru Legacy platform and the B9X concept car.

Saab was planned to have also received a version of the vehicle, called the 9-6X, but such plans have been stopped with Toyota's acquisition of the FHI stake held by General Motors (Saab's parent company).

I'll stick to Fords, too hard to follow GM's planning and switching platforms.

Edited by jpd80