Fix Please

JETSOLVER

In what is widely considered the largest award in a "lemon law" case in the country, a Fresno, Calif., jury has ordered Ford Motor Co. to pay a couple $10 million in punitive damages for selling them a defective vehicle without revealing previous mechanical problems......

Not their first time.... ;)

Hmmm... this guy thinks he has been in direct contact with the CEO at Ford? Doubtful.

Back in the real world. I think you could sell any Shelby convertible to just about any dealer for sticker right now. Defects or no.

One of the problems with a story like this is that it paints all of the dealers with the same brush.

What incentive do the decent dealers have to behave properly?

Ford must find a way to rein in the dealer network. They are not on the same team.

This makes me think differently.

Then the few seconds it took to post have been gladly spent!

Hmmm... this guy thinks he has been in direct contact with the CEO at Ford? Doubtful.

Back in the real world. I think you could sell any Shelby convertible to just about any dealer for sticker right now. Defects or no.

One of the problems with a story like this is that it paints all of the dealers with the same brush.

What incentive do the decent dealers have to behave properly?

Ford must find a way to rein in the dealer network. They are not on the same team.

The GT500 program has been more effective at showing up bad dealers than any other in Fords history. Unfortunatly, that was not its intent. ADM does NOTHING for Ford.

Ford has no choice but to start dealing with this head on, as the hype and internet traffic around this car has more people looking critically at Ford and its products. And they are the sorts of customers who generally step around the + or - $50 basic transport unit and shop in the 50k range as a matter of course. And Ford AND its dealers are not looking very shiny right now.

I no longer give any credence to the whole Ford has no say line. If they hadn't gone ahead and set up the SVT program and Presidents Award programs I might buy that. But they have these tools and choose not to use them. So they are a guilty as any floor slime. And among ALL the company's problems, this one is an easy fix. They have delaers lying to customers, brokering cars in some kind of incestious ADM market, and refuse to deal wtih it by allocation. Shame on you Ford, you do a disservice to you employee's and your customers. Ms. Ford, you have the floor.

And as for the greasy two around here. Go Away. You smell bad, and its the internet for crying out loud.

The stupid part is that Ford is leaving so much money on the table. The Ford GT could have been priced $50K higher and still sold out. The Shelby should have been priced at the same money as the Saleen S281SC: $57K. This would have put the money in play for Ford and helped fuel the product development process. It is easy to lower prices....

I asked the people at Saleen if the Shelby would hurt them. They said no, that the price inflation on the Shelby made buyers feel better about buying the Saleen at sticker. And of course, all of the Shelby's were spoken for on day one.

So for every potential buyer attracted to Ford by the Shelby, Ford will get a black eye for pricing the car far below the market. Dealers 1 Ford 0.

It is obvious that the Ford dealer base has little interest in the integrity of the brand. Market price adjustments (ADM) and the current product allocation system have been very damaging to the brand. When customers feel they are being cheated and manipulated, even when they do buy, they are unlikely to become loyal customers. I believe that in most cases they will go out of their way to share the experience with their friends acquaintances, and family.

We all agree that Ford must build "gotta have" cars. Gotta Have cars are priced at a premium that customers will gladly pay. These are the cars that can deliver the kind of profit margin that makes it possible to build in the US and cover the obligations to the retirees and current employees. This only works when the dealers are in on the program and don't make them "can't have" cars.

and although it appears to be the dealer, you should know its the Company that keeps getting mentioned. I believe Ford already knows the circumstances.

svtp/the nightmare

If the Dealer bought it back as a customer courtesy it isn't a Lemon Law case and isn't subject to the notice requirements i.e. the dreaded sticker. Most states have disclosure requirements for cars which have had major damage due to accident, bent frame, flood, fire insurance totals etc. If the dealer sells the car and fails to disclose that it was repainted they may be defrauding the new buyer. On the other hand I assume they are selling it as a used car not a new one.

I followed that one pretty close, it look to me like dealer bought it back to make the guy happy. Fixed the quarter and is reselling it. Nothing about this is that odd. I've fixed a lot worst damage that that on new cars coming in.

Edited by kepfordj

• 2 weeks later...