What is your favorite classic Ford car & truck

69 Galaxie 500XL-GT ragtop-best looking big car ever

My cousin had a '68 XL convertible. It wasn't a GT. It had a 390, bench seat and an automatic. We found the buckets, console, shifter and steering column in a junker but he sold the car before we got around to putting the parts in it. It was a beautiful car. It is one that he should have kept.

I had 2 69 XL ragtops.....one had a 2 barrel 351 Windsor with a bench seat and column shifted auto...the other was NOT a GT but had the bucket seats and console with a 390 2 bbl.....thats got to be wicked rare. Too bad the frame rotted out on that one it only had 70k miles on it. Still have the engine block in my garage.

Well, Some of these aren't 'classics' in the traditional sense, but you know they will be.

1961 Lincoln Continental

1961_lincoln_continental.jpg

This gets my vote as well.

Yet again, so do the following as well.

Lincoln Mark V - "you want big?...........this is big!"

mark51977cream.jpg

1983 Thunderbird. The first true sign that Ford was turning the ship around after the horrible early 80s,

fd1983thunderbird01.jpg

I agree...my car... and the 1969 Bronco.

MustangMia018.jpg

927891969FordBronco.jpg

Some morning you'll wake up only to find my FreeStar and 53 Dodge in your driveway. Don't worry, I'll return the Mustang & Bronco...... Eventually!

PS. Those Torque-Thrusts look perfect on that Stang!

Edited by Hemiman

Some morning you'll wake up only to find my FreeStar and 53 Dodge in your driveway. Don't worry, I'll return the Mustang & Bronco...... Eventually!

PS. Those Torque-Thrusts look perfect on that Stang!

No problem. I've got room. BTW, those wheels are Ansen Sprints from the early 60s. Anyone remember those?

• 4 months later...

for trucks, 1956 F100 hands down...I still say ford is about outright stupid for not putting a retro version of that truck on the ranger chassis- it would be like the 05 mustang feeding frenzy all over again...put a panel truck 4 passenger version and you'd not be able to come close to meeting demand...

for cars, the 'all time' most perfect car I gotta say is the late model Ford GT- I loved the old GT40's, but the new one somehow looks even better than original- a feat hard to achieve, especially with such a beauty for a starting point...#2 for me the 69 fastback mustang...the way the lines all flowed, although somewhat busy, it worked really well. #3 the 1969 cougar eliminator was a beauty. #4, sorry but I gotta say the new mustang...weve got two of them- a 06 gt and a 07 pony, only thing I dont like about the car was the back windows- put Silverhorseracing.com louver replacement windows in mine, hope to do the wifes soon, ford really took the mustang up a notch with the new model...if they offer a factory supercharger reasonable next year as rumored, might be in line for another :) #5 I loved the big Galaxies...the 66 or 69 taillights I really liked, and the 69 had the coolest looking dashboard ever put in a car- except for the stupid lefthanded radio...for just cruising around, taking a road trip, a bigblock torky galaxie is the ultimate road car to me- the police handling stuff gave decent brakes, decent control feel, yet big car smooth ride.

other favorites- the fastback torinos, the Mark VII LSC(still got one of those too- great car, not bad looking- I still want to shave the hump off the trunk someday...) ,the goofy little german capri from the 70's, and the Aussie XB-GT woulda been a big seller over here- like a 70 torino, but with the cooler naca ducted hood...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

The Mustangs every model of the mustang served to keep the line a live ! after 46 model years it is still leading the way . Both Chevy and Chrysler must feel real bad , after being showed the way back in 1964 then ford doing it again in 05 . If you get kicked once by the horse shame on him , If you get kicked twice shame on you ! The mustang II and fox body cars kind of left a bit to be desiredand were laughed at but they were still Mustangs ! Who is laughing now?

• 6 months later...