What is your favorite classic Ford car & truck

1969_Mercury_Monterey.jpg

:doh:

YESSS!!! Man, how I miss the old "Tournament of Destruction" team-elimination demo derbies at Santa Fe Speedway in Chicago. Those old Ford battlecruisers were the only things that could survive all 4 rounds in an evening, and reappear two weeks later for the next tournament!

As for my list... wow. Hard to decide; I'll have to try later when I have time to dig up some pictures.

Huh?

Was that a Canada-spec model?

I'm pretty sure that was the Torino down here.

My Dad had a '68 GT, with a 390, highland green with a gold reverse C stripe.

Only difference between 68 & 69 was the number of fake vents on the C pillar.

5 in 68, 3 in 69.

That could have been a Fairlane.

Differences between 68's and 69's were at least (depending on fastback vs notchback roof:

1) door crease different

2) grill different

3) GT emblems different, front back and sides

4) gauges white (silver) faced in 69

6) outside rearview mirror different

7) front head restraints in 69

8) mandatory shoulder belts in 69, different "hanger" design

9) taillights different

10)interior door panels different

Cobra in 69 was usually a Fairlane, though a few Torino Cobras.

a host of other changes, mainly involving pollution control plumbing, depending on the state...

Once had a (early) 68 Torino GT, originally blue (aqua), with one white front fender (with chrome trim piece), one black front fender (with red C-stripe), a (olive) green door (69 with remote mirror) and a black door with the red C-stripe (on the opposite side of the car from the matching front fender). Sort of a Johnny Cash version of a fixer-upper. The replacement pieces were all solid and rust-free. Unfortunately, the rest of the car wasn't and the rest of the car fell apart before all the needed transplants were done.

This was a daily driver for several years, in the above colors.

Pulled the low mileage 302 and C-4 trans (20,000 miles, insurance-claim) that had been put in place of the original (seized) 289 (100,000+++ miles) and junked it. Still miss it.

Edited by Sizzler

1971 Lincoln (with a few mods)

post-22013-1159835340_thumb.jpg

Isn't that the car from the movie "The Car'"? I think it was a horror flick about a devil car or something.

My '67 Mustang Fastback and my '34 3 window coupe

post-505-1159632718_thumb.jpgpost-505-1159632747_thumb.jpg

Your Stang looks perfect with those deep AR Torque Thrusts!

I had a 71 torino GT with a 429, wicked fast, but unstable over 130

72 torino 351 4v. very fast, nice car overall

1966-69 continental, 68 my favorite, and my first car

that "62" f-100 has a 64 grille, 64 is my favorite year, and my first truck

70-71 rancheros, I had a few

72-76 mark IVs are really nice

68-72 full-size wagons are awesome

my all-time favorite is the 1971 LTD 2 dr hardtop, but there are a lot of really great cars worthy that I am currently forgetting.

That could have been a Fairlane.

Differences between 68's and 69's were at least (depending on fastback vs notchback roof:

1) door crease different

2) grill different

3) GT emblems different, front back and sides

4) gauges white (silver) faced in 69

6) outside rearview mirror different

7) front head restraints in 69

8) mandatory shoulder belts in 69, different "hanger" design

9) taillights different

10)interior door panels different

Cobra in 69 was usually a Fairlane, though a few Torino Cobras.

a host of other changes, mainly involving pollution control plumbing, depending on the state...

Once had a (early) 68 Torino GT, originally blue (aqua), with one white front fender (with chrome trim piece), one black front fender (with red C-stripe), a (olive) green door (69 with remote mirror) and a black door with the red C-stripe (on the opposite side of the car from the matching front fender). Sort of a Johnny Cash version of a fixer-upper. The replacement pieces were all solid and rust-free. Unfortunately, the rest of the car wasn't and the rest of the car fell apart before all the needed transplants were done.

This was a daily driver for several years, in the above colors.

Pulled the low mileage 302 and C-4 trans (20,000 miles, insurance-claim) that had been put in place of the original (seized) 289 (100,000+++ miles) and junked it. Still miss it.

That is a familiar story.

My first car was a '68 Torino GT fastback I bought in the spring of 1976 for $100. It was a genuine Pittsburgh car and the road salt had really done a number on the body. I thought I could fix it (ahh teenage optimism) after replacing the entire front clip form a rear ended California wagon and rebuilding just about everything else I took it in for state inspection. The mechanic put it up on the rack and started poking around the rear frame rails and floor with a screw driver. He told me there wasn't even enough to weld to. It turned out to be worth more in parts than I had in it. It was enough to pay for my '65 Mustang Fastback.

At least I learned a lot.

Edited by Mark B. Morrow

• 1 year later...

I miss my 68 Galaxie Fastback. That thing was a beast. Well, it was slow with a worn out 390, but it was just a monster in terms of size and presense.

I love the Lincoln MarkIII and the MarkIV with the small bumpers. Long live cars with so much front end that the drivers seat is placed 10 feet behind the front bumper!!