Last Taurus bulid?

630land

Will they have pics?

If there are not any-that would be a real crime. Just like the way Ford pissed on the Taurus/Sable. That is no way to treat the car that saved this Companies' ass.

However the Urinal-Constipation should devote a bit of their paper to it.

Edited by Tiberius1701

• 3 weeks later...

Article was a nice summary. Made me remember what an incredible car this was, and how important is was to Fords future. Then neglected. I think the quote by Jack Telnack said it best, saying it was criminal how Ford let it die.

Thanks to the guys/gals that built these cars over the years.

Great car. It will be a great day when the Taurus is widely recognized as a remarkable achievement of American engineering and design and one of the finest automobiles ever, and not the boring rental car Ford let it become. I spent my youth riding in an '87 LX wagon and I learned how to drive in that car. The last day of production will be a sad day for me personally.

Maybe Friday the 27th?

The last few years the car is the boringest ever. The 2004 front styling made it look like a dead fish.

Rented a few 2000-05's and they drove as 'cutting edge' as my Grandmother's old 1975 Impala. And that car had more character.

The end of the Taurus is bittersweet for my family as we have owned several Taurus/Sables over the years. I owe my wife and toddler son's lives to the car when back in 1993 they were driving along in our 93 SHO and a woman ran a stoplight and broadsided them, pushing the car across an intersection and hitting a curb it rolled 2 times and stopped upside down on a lawn.

They were pulled out and other than seatbelt bruises on their upper bodies, were fine. Rescue people told me they had never seen a car so torn up that people walked out of unhurt, ever. So I replaced it with another SHO and over the last dozen years had Sables and Tauruses as well. When the Escape came out in 2002 we traded in a Sable on it and she is now on her 2nd Escape and loves them. So the Taurus/Sable lives on as a fond memory for us.

In a great PR move, Ford should take the last Taurus ever built and drive it around america until it can't run. Get 300, 400, 500K miles out of the car. Let it stand as the last statement of such a great car. WE CAN BUILD A QUALITY CAR. Make it a qaulity statement on how your building your vehicles. What a great ending for such a work horse.

In a great PR move, Ford should take the last Taurus ever built and drive it around america until it can't run. Get 300, 400, 500K miles out of the car. Let it stand as the last statement of such a great car. WE CAN BUILD A QUALITY CAR. Make it a qaulity statement on how your building your vehicles. What a great ending for such a work horse.

Not to worry. My son has over 180,000 miles on my old 91 Taurus and he will drive it until it won't move anymore.

Hugo

my wife gets a new taurus sel every 3 years as her company fleet car,we are on our 5th right now,we have an 05 sel,and where it may not be the best looking interior or most advanced tech wise we have never done anything more than oil changes and brakes as far as maintanance ,and it is one of the quietist mid size sedans I have ever driven.They have always been truly bullitproof.She now has an Impala or a grand prix to choose from,and I can tell you how many of those are in the shop from her company weekly.R I P

I got a 1994 in late 93 Taurus as a company car. I rear eneded someone one, and later was rear eneded by someone else. After all that and 155,000 miles, the car still had no sqeaks or rattles. Still looked like new (of course with the wrekcs it had 2 new paint jobs), and interior was still nice. When I left the company in 1996, it was transfered to the office mail car, and was still going in 1999 the last I knew.

I had a 2001 Taurus Wagon, we drove that until 2005 it had 125,000 miles, but had developed $$$$$ transmission problems. So we traded for a Freestar.

Right now I may be chaging from a company car (Dodge Durango) to an allowance. I can get a Tarus SEL with leather, sun roof with 8000 miles for $13,000. I would take that deal and drive it fro 200,000 muiles over the next 4-5 years.

Does anyone have pictures of the last one coming off the line yet?