Seeking Owner Input - Long Term Opinions?

On 8/23/2019 at 9:12 AM, TexasAggie02 said:

:) I’m in San Antonio - great city. 

Engine Issue - seems to happen with the V8 F-150 engine and some minor

reports on the Raptor forums.   I don’t think it’s wide spread - but still something I wasn’t expecting and a little disappointed about it all. 

Other than that - the only thing that is frustrating is the kids finger prints and all the piano black everywhere.  But not much you can do about that. 

The pros far outweigh the cons to me.  Super comfortable, kids love it, really enjoy the HUD and overall power of the engine (when it works). 

We did install high quality window tinting around the doors and windshield (the clear film) which has helped keep it cool.  It is a big vehicle, but my F150 is bigger and it’s about the same size as our previous Expedition EL. 

I love San Antonio ... have been down for some Spurs games. GO SPURS GO

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I think I worry more for my wife than me size-wise cause I have no problem driving a big vehicle, but she will be driving it from time to time however it will be my daily driver for the most part. We do have a 3rd car though so it's not like I have to drive it all the time if it's just me in the car (which would be the same way I drive now as I take the Jeep if it's just me).

I do wish the new 2020 monochrome package was more appealing overall. I think I will do a chrome delete on a 2020 Pristine White Reserve L. I will for sure be blacking out the grille and doing the black label side badge and rear badge as well as powder coating the wheels. I am torn on the door handles and lower rocker trim. I might just make them body color or leave them chrome ... also leaving the window trim and roof rack chrome. OR just go black everywhere there is chrome. I think out of all of that the door handles might look the most awkward in black ... and that lower rocker chrome piece is very long and might make draw too much attention to the length in black.

For a while I was just going to copy the Navigator in Satin Dark Gray on the video that was going around here and do a full wrap. I'm just concerned it will look beat up in 2-3 years cause I'm not going to avoid car washes.

I'm also torn on the Cappucino interior or the Slate Gray interior. I will be tinting the windows at around 15-20% all the way around so I'm worried a darker interior will feel kind of drab and blah. But that Cappucino is quite light and kids tend to trash things!

I will probably order as soon as I know if they added a DVD to the Lincoln Play for 2020. Thanks for all the input and feedback!