Nausea-inducing Fumes on my '17 Sport

BlackManta

Good day to you all. Question: Has anyone had a problem with nausea-inducing fumes on the 2017-current Ford Fusion Sport? It begins after moderate to strong acceleration and does not dissipate until the car is shut off. I've taken it to the dealer a couple of times for this issue, but am told that the issue was a breaking-in period issues and would go away after 8,000 miles or so. Well, I'm at 10,000+ miles and the issue continues. Any and all assistance will be greatly appreciated. 

Do you use the same gas station and fuel type? The smell is the hydrocarbons reacting with the catalytic converter. My mother had a Cadillac that when using one particular gas station, it smelled like that. Change stations and it would go away. Also, a heavy foot will cause that smell. 

23 hours ago, fordtech1 said:

Do you use the same gas station and fuel type? The smell is the hydrocarbons reacting with the catalytic converter. My mother had a Cadillac that when using one particular gas station, it smelled like that. Change stations and it would go away. Also, a heavy foot will cause that smell. 

I travel a lot and use whatever gas station is close when I need gas.  I'll try using the same one for a while and see if that matters.  The heavy foot is staying, that's why I bought a Sport.  :)

55 minutes ago, BlackManta said:

Thanks for the comments. The smell is reminiscent of rotten eggs. Question is, though, why am I smelling this in the cabin, what with the cabin air filter and the like?

I can smell it with the AC on recirculating.  It's like it seeps in from somewhere else.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, NLPRacing said:

I travel a lot and use whatever gas station is close when I need gas.  I'll try using the same one for a while and see if that matters.  The heavy foot is staying, that's why I bought a Sport.  :)

I can smell it with the AC on recirculating.  It's like it seeps in from somewhere else.

I think it seeps in from the trunk. There are spaces between the rear seats on either the right or left, that are open to the trunk. I've stuffed microfiber towels in there and will see if that helps.