2021 F-150 Spotted

5 hours ago, probowler said:

Governing by unelected bureaucrats is so hot right now ?

Not really governing as it is not legally binding.

It is the result of what happens when the people elected to govern don't because its easier to kick the can.  The mess in Washington is really having an impact on the industry and the industry is lost as to what to do as your product plans and business forecasting go 5 years out and you have a 10 year roadmap. It is the reason Ford/BMW/Honda/VW went to California and worked the settlement out for mileage rules. You can also see the absence of other manufactures in the settlement to know who is backing the reduced mileage requirements (cough GM/FCA) The 2021 F-150 was developed with those numbers in mind, not backing them actually gives FCA an advantage as they can sell products (old RAM for instance) that do not need the technology to obtain higher mileage numbers that they don't have or need to buy credits from Tesla/others which could make the product less profitable. 

I wonder how far down the screen will extend into the center stack?

I know the article mentions it'll be wider, but could it also extend lower too?  Like a wider version of Explorer's screen?  But not quite to the level of the Ram?  I know Ford likes to keep the regular switchgear/buttons/knobs for even the upper trim models for buyers that need gloves.

9 minutes ago, Moosetang said:

I don't know why, but I got serious Chevy vibes from the stacked headlights under the camo. 

I'm not getting that myself; from what I could see through the camo, they look pretty much like the current generation's headlights. Camo does strange things, though--but I guess that's what it's supposed to do...

Edited by SoonerLS
Damn you, autoincorrect.
  • Like 1