Porosity in Ford Blocks

Reading through this topic reminds me of what Sears was doing around the millenium change with Craftsman tools and Kenmore appliances. We got your money, now...eff off.

There is an expectation for big ticket items to perform past warranty limits with recomended service applied; albeit not forever. I think it's not unreasonable to expect 200k trouble free miles out of a powertrain today. Continued failures, will indeed, piss off enough people that Ford will be excluded from their shopping list. This will not bode well for their future.

I've stated many times that I WAS a dedicated Ford customer...still everything in my stable has a Blue Oval on it. That will not be the case in the future. The expense of the new vehicles precludes me from taking a gamble on something that my gut says will be a black hole for my checking account.

My 2013 Fusion has really reduced my confidence in the technology that every vehicle employs. At 75k, it seemed to start with one gremlin after the other. Nothing devistating (thusfar); but annoying none the less. My 2013 Mustang is based off an older design and has far fewer gremlins.

Ford has quality problems. The next generation of buyers may not care about how long a product lasts since society has morphed into the "gotta have the latest, greatest gizmo" mentality. But us old guys still use a little common sense for big ticket purchases and expect something to outlast the payments. Ford has given us the finger. I return the favor.

• Thanks 1