Pre-Collision Sensor Warning

2019LR

Let me start by saying I have read a little bit about this but I have not seen the problem explained in my detail. 

I have a 2019 Superduty that has the Adaptive Cruise Control and Pre-Collision Assist garbage on it, I do not use ither of these two options. I pre-set or manually turned off the Adaptive and Pre_Collision Assist options. So like everyone else I am experiencing this problem, however, I have a new front replacement bumper on the truck (pic Below), the radar has been re-positioned and worked just fine for a few hundred miles after having the new bumper put on. Why if I have turned the pre-collision assist off manually does the warning light and sound for "pre-collision assist disabled senor is blocked even come on? Remember, I turm it off so no need to tell me its on and being turned off because the sensor is blocked. The truck is clean, nothing is blocking the sensor, the weather is great, no rain or snow, other than it being hot as hell here in Texas, I am not buying the it's the weather reasoning that I have read. 

Does re-calibrating the Radar fix this, is it worth taking the truck 150 miles to the closest Ford dealer? I'm looking for a permanent solution, should I un-plug it completely? I can not drive this truck in normal cruise control because of the beeping and warning so I turn the cruise off entirely which is very disappointing in a $67,000 new truck. If anyone knows of a permanent fix by the dealer and could assure me that it is fixable please chime in, literally would consider getting rid of this truck all together without a workable normal cruise control, I drive on the highways and interstates daily. 

Radar.png

Adaptive cruise is actually quite handy and works well especially if you use cruise control a lot.   That said, I'm sure the warning remains because you could choose to turn it back on at any time so it's easier and safer for them to just warn you no matter what.   It may also be using the sensor for other things that are still active.

Sensor blocked messages can set for other issues with the sensor. (alignment, damage, etc) See your dealer because it will need to be properly diagnosed. 

I'm with Akirby. Use it. It works well. And it may even keep your shiny new bumper out of the ass of another vehicle.