Bronco....PICKUP?

Uhhhhh......this can't be real.

EXCLUSIVE: Ford Bronco Pickup Coming to Battle Jeep Gladiator!  (https://www.automobilemag.com)

Ford is planning to launch a pickup truck based on the 2021 Bronco SUV to compete with the just-minted Jeep Gladiator. The Ford Bronco pickup truck is scheduled for production in July 2024, according to AutoForecast Solutions, which indicates design and engineering began no more than a few months before the Jeep pickup launched. That launch date would be well within the lifecycle of the upcoming 2021 Bronco, a Ranger-based Jeep Wrangler competitor.

Ford_Bronco_pickup-_CROP-1.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Heck, a year ago they couldn't even spell "mid-size" pickup. Now, 2 of them?

HRG

Why not? Each has its own niche. Ranger having conventional design of pickup, Bronco pickup having rustic style and pure offroad purpose. It is worth remembering that Ford is making a monobloc (P758) pickup too

Edited by RadicalX
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, RadicalX said:

Why not? Each has its own niche. Ranger having conventional design of pickup, Bronco pickup having rustic style and pure offroad purpose. It is worth remembering that Ford is making a monobloc (P758) pickup too

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for it. Wonder if this impacts the possibility of a Ranger Raptor in the US?

HRG

12 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

Someone in the glass house saw the ATPs on the Gladiator; Ford would have difficulty selling a $60K Ranger in the North American Market. They realize they will have no problems selling a $60K Bronco Pickup.

Remember the Sport Trac, the crew-cab Ranger?

HRG

• Like 1

Hahaha.  A while back, I was posting it'd be interesting to have Bronco and Bronco "T" a truck variant.  I guess they really want to slice the midsize pie with Ranger and potentially this.  I think jason above had it right - they can push ATPs higher with something like this.  Especially if theirs will basically be plopping a bed on the back of a Bronco.  I actually don't mind the idea of calling is Bronco Sport Trac too.

22 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Hahaha.  A while back, I was posting it'd be interesting to have Bronco and Bronco "T" a truck variant.  I guess they really want to slice the midsize pie with Ranger and potentially this.  I think jason above had it right - they can push ATPs higher with something like this.  Especially if theirs will basically be plopping a bed on the back of a Bronco.  I actually don't mind the idea of calling is Bronco Sport Trac too.

I actually had this idea about the Bronco even before the current Ranger was even announced and a lot of people here thought it was dumb...

Well talking to one of my kids the other day and mentioned I read somewhere Bronco was now going to be in dealers first quarter 2021.  He then says-"oh same plant as Ranger?-makes sense as  new Ranger due then too?"  Well I guess maybe this does make sense.  And as Jason pointed out earlier-look at ATP's of the Gladiator.   Assuming a ton of commonality of Ranger -Bronco components, this really does sound like a good case for a Bronco based "Gladiator" fighter.

43 minutes ago, Bob Rosadini said:

Well talking to one of my kids the other day and mentioned I read somewhere Bronco was now going to be in dealers first quarter 2021.  He then says-"oh same plant as Ranger?-makes sense as  new Ranger due then too?"  Well I guess maybe this does make sense.  And as Jason pointed out earlier-look at ATP's of the Gladiator.   Assuming a ton of commonality of Ranger -Bronco components, this really does sound like a good case for a Bronco based "Gladiator" fighter.

If anything the new Ranger won't show up till a year or so after the Bronco Launches. 

• Like 2

We talked about this before.  I equate this to the Escape/Maverick Bronco Scout where one can be a bit more extreme than the other with a bit more bold styling.  Built on the same platform in the same plant, additional costs for a new top hot shouldn't be that high.

53 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

If anything the new Ranger won't show up till a year or so after the Bronco Launches. 

2023 according to deeper insiders 

Remember, we were all told the Bronco would be here a year after Ranger. 8 months later and we still haven't even seen prototype spy shots. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo