Aviator GT Order

30 minutes ago, Bellanca said:

I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. You could slum it like me and just get the standard Black Label. ? Hopefully about a month to go. 

LOL.  Sorry I told my wife her next car will be a PHEV.  She currently has a 2017 Explorer Platinum which is pretty nice but I want a PHEV.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, akirby said:

Sounds like they planned to build them on the regular line but ran into problems and had to go to plan B.

I would be surprised if any dealer accepted X plan for the GT.  They'll probably be selling for MSRP+ initially.   Whether they accept X plan on any vehicle is strictly up to the dealer unless the vehicle is ineligible.   Won't hurt to ask of course.

In GM land I am eligible for GMS pricing.  Usually it takes @ 5-6 months after a new Corvette model comes out before they are eligible and not all dealers have to accept GMS pricing, however it is never a problem finding a dealer that does.  I have bought 2 from dealers in Michigan.  Had 1 Corvette shipped out here and the other one I picked up at the factory. So I didn't know how it is in Ford land.  I was hoping the GT would be out sooner and I could wait a few months - after  the feeding frenzy was over - to buy one with X plan pricing. It of  course makes it more difficult since not every Lincoln dealer can sell a Black Label or a GT - i.e my local Lincoln dealership.

The dealer closest to me has a separte showroom from their Ford place and sells both BL and EV.  I have a xplan order for a loaded Grand Touring, I personally don't care for the BL theme interiors and perks.  They told me the 99Y PHEV hold was supposed to be lifted last week and mine would be scheduled soon.  But they checked the status again on Friday and it still shows the hold at the bottom of the page.  Also, the latest Explorer order guide update just posted doesn't say late availability for the hybrid... so it sounds to me like they are still setting up to build the hybrid and phev models at the main plant, but will be shifting production to the new line for additional capacity when its ready. Hopefully they just changed the availability dates in the new advertisements because they already have enough existing orders for what they can make on the main line until the switch ocurs, and then most of the EV orders from now on would be after the new dates.  Many of us who placed orders without even seeing one where going by the original late summer availability and counting on a sizable tax credit for this year... if that isn't going to happen now they should be telling us instead of keeping us guessing.

• Like 1

The PHEV prototypes were built at the Mod center.  I doubt they ever sent one down the line at CAP.   I believe the hold was for accepting orders.  If they get the line started by Oct 1, there is a chance to get some out before Christmas.  

3 hours ago, CoolScoop said:

The dealer closest to me has a separte showroom from their Ford place and sells both BL and EV.  I have a xplan order for a loaded Grand Touring, I personally don't care for the BL theme interiors and perks.  They told me the 99Y PHEV hold was supposed to be lifted last week and mine would be scheduled soon.  But they checked the status again on Friday and it still shows the hold at the bottom of the page.  Also, the latest Explorer order guide update just posted doesn't say late availability for the hybrid... so it sounds to me like they are still setting up to build the hybrid and phev models at the main plant, but will be shifting production to the new line for additional capacity when its ready. Hopefully they just changed the availability dates in the new advertisements because they already have enough existing orders for what they can make on the main line until the switch ocurs, and then most of the EV orders from now on would be after the new dates.  Many of us who placed orders without even seeing one where going by the original late summer availability and counting on a sizable tax credit for this year... if that isn't going to happen now they should be telling us instead of keeping us guessing.

Thanks, dealers are getting allocation and can place orders on the GTs but the orders aren't getting scheduled yet.  The alert said something like: Hold 99Y PHEV Late Availability

It will be interesting to see how they safely transport the constant flow of painted bodies about a mile from CAP to the new supplimentary line and the finished units back to CAP for final inspection.  Doesn't seam like a very efficient way to build a quality vehicle, I would prefer it to be completely built at CAP.

18 hours ago, msm859 said:

LOL.  Sorry I told my wife her next car will be a PHEV.  She currently has a 2017 Explorer Platinum which is pretty nice but I want a PHEV.

Purely for the environment.

(Waves around shiny objects...) "Pay no attention to that 450 hp and 600+ torque!" :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gurgeh said:

Purely for the environment.

(Waves around shiny objects...) "Pay no attention to that 450 hp and 600+ torque!" :)

Yes.  I have children and grandchildren.  However, those figures are like having your cake and eating it too ;)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, akirby said:

I still can't believe your wife allows you to tell her what to drive.

LOL.  Actually we talked about it and when she first wanted an suv I gave her a list, Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, Lincoln and Ford to look at and she liked the Explorer the best - right size. Although she really liked the interior of the Lincoln - but it was too light (taxes).  At this point a PHEV is the next evolution and the Aviator could be the perfect choice if the electric range is adequate.  We went to the LA Auto Show for it's introduction and she liked it better than all the other alternatives out there.  Only  thing close was the Range Rover Sport but their new PHEV has pretty dismal specs.

4 hours ago, HotRunrGuy said:

What does this mean?

Thanks, HRG

If you use a truck/suv for business and it has a GVWR over 6000 lbs, you can get a bonus deduction up to 100% of the costs -based on business use.  So if I buy a Lincoln Aviator PHEV that does have a GVWR over 6000 lbs for say $80,000 and use it 60% for my business, I can deduct the first year $48,000 on my taxes.  The Lincoln MKX was under the 6000 lbs. so would only be eligible for significantly less favorable tax treatment.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Excitement!!!  We have a VIN and build week.  Nov 11 build week, Veterans Day week.  As a Vet I feel this will be a special car.  I also have hopes for it to make it home by Christmas.  Christmas will already be special this year.  My Daughter gets married next month and it will be the first Christmas with all of my children and their spouses together.  The Mrs and I have flown to one or the other for Christmas the past 13 years.  I'll miss Okinawa, Maui, Tokyo, Atlanta, Cape Canaveral, New York, Pennsylvania, but it will be nice to decorate the house and have everyone home.  ?

• Like 2

On 10/3/2019 at 2:10 PM, mustangchief said:

Excitement!!!  We have a VIN and build week.  Nov 11 build week, Veterans Day week.  As a Vet I feel this will be a special car.  I also have hopes for it to make it home by Christmas.  Christmas will already be special this year.  My Daughter gets married next month and it will be the first Christmas with all of my children and their spouses together.  The Mrs and I have flown to one or the other for Christmas the past 13 years.  I'll miss Okinawa, Maui, Tokyo, Atlanta, Cape Canaveral, New York, Pennsylvania, but it will be nice to decorate the house and have everyone home.  ?

Congrats and thanks for your service!... I got my VIN with Nov 11 build week on Monday!! I didn't get an ETA yet but someone on another forum with the same build week said his ETA was first week of Dec.

1 minute ago, CoolScoop said:

Congrats and thanks for your service!... I got my VIN with Nov 11 build week on Monday!! I didn't get an ETA yet but someone on another forum with the same build week said his ETA was first week of Dec.

Thanks,   ETAs are not provided until the car is built.  Dealer may have given an estimate.  Even deliveries down the street can take two weeks, but I've seen others roll out and the tires don't cool and its up the ramp and on a train leaving in an hour, then unloaded 1500 miles away 48 hours later and delivered within 96 hours of being built.  It is rare and so is the two month journey.  My Mustang did that, it was agonizing.  I anticipate 3-6 weeks.  If it is there sooner, super! if not I won't loose sleep.  

14 minutes ago, CoolScoop said:

BTW, where will you be shipping too?  Mine will be going to Memphis TN

GT production at the new Mod Center line was supposed to start on Sept 30 and several of us have scheduled build weeks of Nov 4 and Nov 11...  so the questions now are:  Did GT production actually start last Monday?  Will there be another OK To Buy for the new line even though they're starting with painted bodies from CAP?  If so could that delay retail orders past the scheduled build week?  Has anyone tracked any GTs being shipped yet?

1 hour ago, CoolScoop said:

GT production at the new Mod Center line was supposed to start on Sept 30 and several of us have scheduled build weeks of Nov 4 and Nov 11...  so the questions now are:  Did GT production actually start last Monday?  Will there be another OK To Buy for the new line even though they're starting with painted bodies from CAP?  If so could that delay retail orders past the scheduled build week?  Has anyone tracked any GTs being shipped yet?

Yes and Yes image.png.819f559de7e54aea4b72a5722ba45147.png have not tracked one yet, but retail orders are only scheduled after OKTB.  

• Like 1

On 10/7/2019 at 9:12 PM, mustangchief said:

5LMYJ9YY9LGL15673 is currently being built, Fuel Economy should be released any day now.  

It would be interesting to follow this one thru to delivery... what day was it produced and did it ship yet.  Also, anyone with a ratail GT order get a build day and eta yet?

Edited by CoolScoop

Here's what the tracking system is spitting out for that VIN

customerName
:

vin
:
5LMYJ9YY9LGL15673
receiptDate
:
2019-05-30
etaEndDate
: