Aviator GT Order

44 minutes ago, mustangchief said:

Finally got a GT order confirmation, now the killer wait!  At least we should see the PHEV info soon.  

Aviator dora2.jpg

Congrats.  You are gutsy ordering without specs.  I am waiting to see the actual electric range. Recent review of the Range Rover Sport PHEV was pretty dismal.  If the Aviator GT gets 50km than I'm in.  It will just be a question of the Reserve II or the Black Label.  Need to see interiors.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bellanca said:

Did they give you an estimated time?

No, they would not have that information.  Until you get processed and in the production cue, it's just a wait and see.  I got my Mustang LE VIN in July and the car wasn't built until September, delivered at the end of October.  I'm used to waiting.  Just glad to see they are giving out allocation for the GT.

10 minutes ago, mustangchief said:

No, they would not have that information.  Until you get processed and in the production cue, it's just a wait and see.  I got my Mustang LE VIN in July and the car wasn't built until September, delivered at the end of October.  I'm used to waiting.  Just glad to see they are giving out allocation for the GT.

I was referring to a ballpark as when they’ll start making them even, the first one I ordered didn’t have the full rear console and was supposed to be built the week of 6/24 but it’s been pushed back, I’m just hoping my new one which is slated for 8/12 doesn’t get pushed back either. I’ve seen that they’re arriving at dealerships at least so that gives me a little hope!

7 hours ago, msm859 said:

Congrats.  You are gutsy ordering without specs.  I am waiting to see the actual electric range. Recent review of the Range Rover Sport PHEV was pretty dismal.  If the Aviator GT gets 50km than I'm in.  It will just be a question of the Reserve II or the Black Label.  Need to see interiors.

I'm in it for the performance, they had me at 450+/600+.  I was set to buy a Gator, but my Son was giving me grief for getting a big gas guzzler when it is only my wife, three dogs and I.  I told him I would get a PHEV and now everyone is happy.  I have a friend who drove the proto on a track and said it scoots.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bellanca said:

I was referring to a ballpark as when they’ll start making them even, the first one I ordered didn’t have the full rear console and was supposed to be built the week of 6/24 but it’s been pushed back, I’m just hoping my new one which is slated for 8/12 doesn’t get pushed back either. I’ve seen that they’re arriving at dealerships at least so that gives me a little hope!

Oh, sorry.  They are dribbling out allocation, so it should be soon.  I have a few folks who worked for me in the past working in management at Ford facilities.  They are really tight lipped, even if I were to know something I would not say it.  I got in trouble over letting some things out prematurely on the 2015 Mustang back in 2014.  Definitely not going down that road again.  

12 hours ago, mustangchief said:

Oh, sorry.  They are dribbling out allocation, so it should be soon.  I have a few folks who worked for me in the past working in management at Ford facilities.  They are really tight lipped, even if I were to know something I would not say it.  I got in trouble over letting some things out prematurely on the 2015 Mustang back in 2014.  Definitely not going down that road again.  

I completely understand where you’re coming from; I have family in the company. I ordered the standard Black Label but was just curious about the GT. Kind of surprised we haven’t seen any first drives since some people already have them. 

12 hours ago, mustangchief said:

I'm in it for the performance, they had me at 450+/600+.  I was set to buy a Gator, but my Son was giving me grief for getting a big gas guzzler when it is only my wife, three dogs and I.  I told him I would get a PHEV and now everyone is happy.  I have a friend who drove the proto on a track and said it scoots.  

Does your son know my son LOL.  Wife currently has  a Platinum Explorer - right size - we only have 1 dog. Son just bought a Tesla so he is pushing those.  I too said I was going to buy a PHEV, but I want decent electric range - need to argue most of the time can be electric.   I have my C7 Corvette  when I need the "performance".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, msm859 said:

Does your son know my son LOL.  Wife currently has  a Platinum Explorer - right size - we only have 1 dog. Son just bought a Tesla so he is pushing those.  I too said I was going to buy a PHEV, but I want decent electric range - need to argue most of the time can be electric.   I have my C7 Corvette  when I need the "performance".

I think it is a generation thing. Lol  I work with a few folks who have Tesla's.  They love them except for having to drive "charging station" routes.  Using A/C on full cold in the summer drains the battery pretty quick.

I have Labradors and a Pointador, all like the back roads.  Maybe one day when they get 400+ miles out of one with A/C on blast, I'll look at an all electric.  I use my Mustang for Hot Rodding,  but all of my other vehicles are performance oriented except the truck.  This will replace the F-150.  The F-150 will go, just not "hang on to your britches were merging into 80 MPH traffic on the interstate fast".  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bellanca said:

I completely understand where you’re coming from; I have family in the company. I ordered the standard Black Label but was just curious about the GT. Kind of surprised we haven’t seen any first drives since some people already have them. 

The first two reserves arrived locally, they are holding them from the public until the 20th.  The manager said they are going to have 90 date nights with the loaded one (potential customer gets the Aviator for 24 hours) then sell it.  I'm number 1 on the list to take it.  Unfortunately we don't have a BL Dealer within 120 miles.  I really want a flight themed one, just not worth it, with no BL perks.  

2 hours ago, mustangchief said:

The first two reserves arrived locally, they are holding them from the public until the 20th.  The manager said they are going to have 90 date nights with the loaded one (potential customer gets the Aviator for 24 hours) then sell it.  I'm number 1 on the list to take it.  Unfortunately we don't have a BL Dealer within 120 miles.  I really want a flight themed one, just not worth it, with no BL perks.  

I don’t blame you for not going BL then. Mine isn’t as close to my house but it’s closer to my work so any time I need serviced I just have them pick my Continental up at work. I went with the Flight theme in Flight Blue. The date night idea sounds pretty cool though!

I’m close enough for use of BL Benfits. I ordered normal BL in the same theme and flight blue. It’s currently in production and they are firm on 4 to 6 weeks at this point because they are releasing cars now at the plant. 

Strange that we haven’t seen any reviews yet. I’m going to call my fleet manager and check on the press fleet to see about the reviews as I get vehicles to review. 

If my dealer has any to take I will do that date night thing and put up a review on my site and share with you all.

Edited by AutomotiveAddicts
  • Like 1

My Reserve I should land this week. I didn't want to dish out the extra $5700 for the Reserve II, but not sure I really like the wheels on mine at all, but didnt want to dish out the extra $5700 for the II which looks amazing with those wheels. I'm going to have to see it in person and drive it, and if I don't love it I may just pick up a fully loaded St Explorer and bank the difference.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mustangchief said:

I think it is a generation thing. Lol  I work with a few folks who have Tesla's.  They love them except for having to drive "charging station" routes.  Using A/C on full cold in the summer drains the battery pretty quick.

I have Labradors and a Pointador, all like the back roads.  Maybe one day when they get 400+ miles out of one with A/C on blast, I'll look at an all electric.  I use my Mustang for Hot Rodding,  but all of my other vehicles are performance oriented except the truck.  This will replace the F-150.  The F-150 will go, just not "hang on to your britches were merging into 80 MPH traffic on the interstate fast".  

Must be a geographical thing.  There are so many in California it is a non issue.  They just put a super station in my little city in Northern California.  And with a 300 mile + range should not generally be an issue.  Rumor is the S will soon actually have a 400 mile range.

11 hours ago, mustangchief said:

Same dilemma I have with the BL - and the BL dealer for me is over 100 miles away as well.  That is why I will need to see in person,  I love the look of the flight theme but need to see if black will work - exterior will be black.

@AutomotiveAddicts (or anybody that knows), have any production Aviators actually shown up in northern or central Florida yet? It seems like I've only seen mentions from the Midwest (which makes sense when they're coming from Chicago). Probably CSX is to blame ?

Edited by cbFL
typo

25 minutes ago, cbFL said:

@AutomotiveAddicts (or anybody that knows), have any production Aviators actually shown up in northern or central Florida yet? It seems like I've only seen mentions from the Midwest (which makes sense when they're coming from Chicago). Probably CSX is to blame ?

I haven't seen any (Explorers or Aviators) show up in Kansas either and it is not that far from Chicago.  

My local dealership JUST had a Reserve II dropped off today (Jacksonville, FL).... has to go through PDI and all and it will be available for sale later this week. 

They expect a few more units for their own demo unit and another sale unit later this month. 

Edited by AutomotiveAddicts
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, cbFL said:

LOL, Maybe, the ones I've seen came off BNSF autoracks.  BTW, when these were tracked, they were in Battle Creek to start, guess this is where they were stored before OKTB.  

58 minutes ago, AutomotiveAddicts said:

My local dealership JUST had a Reserve II dropped off today (Jacksonville, FL).... has to go through PDI and all and it will be available for sale later this week. 

They expect a few more units for their own demo unit and another sale unit later this month. 

Hopefully you can get in one before Saturday.

On 7/13/2019 at 11:37 AM, mustangchief said:

Finally got a GT order confirmation, now the killer wait!  At least we should see the PHEV info soon.  

So I was doing a build on the Lincoln web site and when I went for the Grand Touring it changed the Lincoln dealership to the "Closest AVIATOR EV-Authorized Dealer"  -74 miles away - as opposed to the Lincoln dealer in town.  So do you have to buy a GT from an "EV Authorized Dealer"?  The closest Black Label dealer is 103 miles away - if you want the BL. Is Lincoln trying to make it hard to buy their cars?