2018 Navigator Dead

Returned from a hike to hear my horn blowing lights blinking and all the side windows rolled down. 

Could not unlock with Fob. Had to reach in front door to open. Vehicle was dead. Could not start. Called road service and he tried jumping. Still could not start or roll windows up. Called back to have car towed and while waiting for tow, vehicle suddenly came back to life. Now it has the power train fault displayed. 

We we are on vacation so I have to take it to a ford dealer  since there is not a Lincoln dealer close by 

Anybody ever experience anything like this?

On 7/12/2019 at 4:58 PM, vawolf79 said:

Returned from a hike to hear my horn blowing lights blinking and all the side windows rolled down. 

Could not unlock with Fob. Had to reach in front door to open. Vehicle was dead. Could not start. Called road service and he tried jumping. Still could not start or roll windows up. Called back to have car towed and while waiting for tow, vehicle suddenly came back to life. Now it has the power train fault displayed. 

We we are on vacation so I have to take it to a ford dealer  since there is not a Lincoln dealer close by 

Anybody ever experience anything like this?

No, but this is always a fear of mine... being remote or there about and having some weird electrical gremlin strike.  I will be watching this thread.  

Do you think it was tampered with during your like, like a possible break in attempt? 

Doubt that it was tampered with. Ford dealer of little help. Troubleshooting indicates many systems lost communication, but, have no clue what caused it. Now have a $90k vehicle that wife is hesitant to drive fearing she may be left stranded. I guess I will bring it to the Lincoln dealer I bought it back when I get home from our extended trip. 

On 7/17/2019 at 2:25 PM, vawolf79 said:

Doubt that it was tampered with. Ford dealer of little help. Troubleshooting indicates many systems lost communication, but, have no clue what caused it. Now have a $90k vehicle that wife is hesitant to drive fearing she may be left stranded. I guess I will bring it to the Lincoln dealer I bought it back when I get home from our extended trip. 

Keep us updated. 

• 5 months later...

First, let me start by saying in general, I love my Navigator. think the interior is awesome, the combination of power and efficiency the twin turbo v6 offers is incredible, the way it looks is fantastic, and the ride quality is luxurious for sure. The reason I joined this forum is to see if what I have been experiencing with my early production 2018 Navigator is an anomaly or if there are others experiencing some of the same issues I have had.

I have had several bizarre issues with my Navigator. Once at the airport while driving into the parking garage, I had to put it in park to be able to grab the parking ticket, and all of the sudden the horn started honking and the lights were flashing like I had accidentally hit the panic button on the remote, only the remote was on the center console and would not take it out of this "panic-like" mode. Once the car cycled, it would not start and was dead with 10 cars behind me and me trying to catch a plane. I called Lincoln Customer Service and was told my key fob must be dead!  The car was 3 months old at the time.  They walked me through the "dead key fob" procedure, which didn't work...So I was trying to get a tow truck to tow the vehicle to the dealership for me and figured I was going to miss my flight, when the car just started working again.  My guess was it was a communication issue with all of the various systems in the car.

Since that time, the vehicle's electronics will lock up from time to time, with the display locked up, or the navigation will not work, the step will not deploy, the mirrors will not close, or sometimes the cars dash and display will not shut down when I exit the vehicle (which I was able to duplicate at the dealership). Sometimes the interior lights will stay on for hours, which I have discovered late at night when I go out to throw away some trash...

My wife and I were in Yosemite 3 weeks ago and of course it was raining and about 38 degrees out, and the alarm kept going off and worse yet the rear hatch opened on it's own 6 or 7 times in 5 minutes...With the car locked. We were worried someone might steal our stuff out of the back of the car that my wife stayed in the car while I went inside the Yosemite Falls Lodge to grab something fur us to eat in the car instead of going inside to enjoy a nice meal together.  It has done this one other time to me but I thought I must have hit the remote in my pocket to trigger the lift-gate. This time, I had the remote in my hand and it the lift-gate actually opened with us standing right there twice without me pressing any buttons on the remote.

The good news is the local dealership is trying to figure this out and has ordered a new "sync module" after a couple attempts to fix it by unplugging everything, plugging it all back in (resetting) and then updating all of the software...The day I picked it up is when the dash and the display wouldn't shut off and the navigation was frozen...

It is scheduled to go into the dealer again in a week...Fingers crossed.