2019 Titanium Hybrid

markfnc

I got a 2019 Titanium Hybrid as a rental. My 2013 Taurus SEL got rear ended.  So I thought I'd post my thoughts on the Fusion.

Good things:

• Interior is very nice.  Leather is soft, door panels/dash all nice.
  • Seats have good lumbar, and adjustment is flexible and easy
  • Center Screen was easy to learn
  • Dashboard "My view" is great and easy to learn.
  • MPG so far has been 42, while my Taurus is usually 25-26  for same route to and from work.
  • Radio sound good.
  • All tech is nice, lane keeper  warning,  to close behind warning etc.   1st time with back up camera

Bad:

• I don't like the turn knob gear shift, id rather have a traditional gear shift on console
  • The key fob , push button start will take some time getting use to.  
  • Not mush to not like.  

My wives Freestar mini van is 14 years old with 205,000 miles, so this will go on the list for the next cat possibilities. 

How does the hybrid hold up?  the gas motor turning off and on seems to me would not be good in long run.  

Anyone with over a lot of miles, what has been good or bad?  mines based on 2 days of driving.  

• 1 year later...
On 7/12/2019 at 7:07 AM, markfnc said:

I got a 2019 Titanium Hybrid as a rental. My 2013 Taurus SEL got rear ended.  So I thought I'd post my thoughts on the Fusion.

Good things:

• Interior is very nice.  Leather is soft, door panels/dash all nice.
  • Seats have good lumbar, and adjustment is flexible and easy
  • Center Screen was easy to learn
  • Dashboard "My view" is great and easy to learn.
  • MPG so far has been 42, while my Taurus is usually 25-26  for same route to and from work.
  • Radio sound good.
  • All tech is nice, lane keeper  warning,  to close behind warning etc.   1st time with back up camera

Bad:

• I don't like the turn knob gear shift, id rather have a traditional gear shift on console
  • The key fob , push button start will take some time getting use to.  
  • Not mush to not like.  

My wives Freestar mini van is 14 years old with 205,000 miles, so this will go on the list for the next cat possibilities. 

How does the hybrid hold up?  the gas motor turning off and on seems to me would not be good in long run.  

Anyone with over a lot of miles, what has been good or bad?  mines based on 2 days of driving.  

The hybrid-unique components, including the transmission and the high voltage battery, are covered by an eight-year, 100,000 mile warranty.