New Escape

On 7/10/2019 at 2:07 PM, rmc523 said:

Very quick and crude chop to see what the grille would look like flipped upside down.

image.png.207315778325f13575cf38bf254aef16.png

Original:

escape-preview-bh-02_700.jpg

With the two picts, I reminds me of the cartoons watching as a kid with the car smiling for some reason.

The bottom one looks like a caricature.

56 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

The Kuga has only been shown off in ST-line or Vingale trims-they have different fascias. Even the Chinese one has a different Fascia. 

The grille on the kuga st line and vignale are both the same shape (different from US version) so I’d imagine the regular kuga will have the same shape grille too.

Ford-Kuga-2020-SUV.jpg

I think a few tweaks to the Chinese grille and it would be the best looking one. It’s larger size just looks better to me.

2020-ford-escape-cn-spec.jpg

Edited by T-dubz
  • Like 1

The new Escape looks so bland to me - I wonder if buyers will be turned off by a model that is more expensive and conservatively styled than its predecessor.  I know Ford will be counting on Maverick/Scout for those wanting something more exciting, but I'm sure that model will be even more expensive.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trader 10 said:

The new Escape looks so bland to me - I wonder if buyers will be turned off by a model that is more expensive and conservatively styled than its predecessor.

I think its one of those products that doesn't photograph well-I'm not a huge fan of it at first, but its growing on me. Its not that much different from the current model, outside of the face. 

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

I think its one of those products that doesn't photograph well-I'm not a huge fan of it at first, but its growing on me. Its not that much different from the current model, outside of the face. 

It is very different from the current product. Look at the greenhouse treatment at the D pillar, a totally different look from what Ford was doing in the early teens.

Does anyone know when Ford will update the 2020 Escape portion of their website to include the Build & Price configurator? The Lincoln Corsair had the configurator for over a month now so it seems that the Escape should have it too on the website. The Lincoln Aviator had the configurator up for awhile before the Explorer did too so the Escape should be up by now, it seems. By the way, I really like the way the new Escape looks in the blue color as shown above in the pictures. Looks nice!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The 2020 Escape first drive reviews for the 1.5 and 2.0 were released today. I think the hybrid review will be released Thursday. I noticed a couple articles mentioned a wireless charging pad will be added after launch. Has anyone heard this? Motor trend had 0-60 on 2.0 pegged at 6.9 seconds. Also thoughts on review?

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a29077713/2020-ford-escape-drive/

Edited by Maegar
Typo