New Escape

new Sport Hybrid was at the Dealership yesterday for training...pretty impressive effort truth be told...only gripe in my opinion was the front grille ( comes across to me as upside down ) but overall photos do not do  the car justice...definite Porsche Macan overtones, which is excellent IMO. Inside definite step up...applause for rear movable seats which have the capacity for damn good legroom if desired. Rather well done effort. lets hope sales reflect what I saw as a well rounded contender in its class. Didn't get to drive it though, so cant comment on that aspect.  

Edited by Deanh
usual fat fingered typing

1 hour ago, Deanh said:

new Sport Hybrid was at the Dealership yesterday for training...pretty impressive effort truth be told...only gripe in my opinion was the front grille ( comes across to me as upside down ) but overall photos do not do  the car justice...definite Porsche Macan overtones, which is excellent IMO. Inside definite step up...applause for rear movable seats which have the capacity for damn good legroom if desired. Rather well done effort. lets hope sales reflect what I saw as a well rounded contender in its class. Didn't get to drive it though, so cant comment on that aspect.  

Always thought the New design reflected a more "sporty" Audi/Porche vibe then the Utility side. That is the job of the Bronco Scout.  

"... ...definite Porsche Macan overtones, which is excellent IMO"   Ford needs this to appeal because RAV4 and CR-V are eating Escape's lunch!

I noted the 'Porsche thing' back in April and was met with dis-agreement!  When I saw that first picture I thought 'Porsche SUV'.

It's the headlights, and the overall silhouette - curves and shape in the doors etc.   Not exactly the lower front.

I'm with Dean -that Porsche is the first thing that came to mind with the photo - the Porsche is popular here in the Denver Burbs, as it gives the SoCal 'see me' wannabe's something that will go through snow.

1 minute ago, Kev-Mo said:

It's the headlights, and the overall silhouette - curves and shape in the doors etc.   Not exactly the lower front.

I'm with Dean -that Porsche is the first thing that came to mind with the photo - the Porsche is popular here in the Denver Burbs, as it gives the SoCal 'see me' wannabe's something that will go through snow.

its elegant and understated...The Bronco 'Scout" aka Maverick will take roost at the opposite end of the stylistic ladder....

12 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Very quick and crude chop to see what the grille would look like flipped upside down.

image.png.207315778325f13575cf38bf254aef16.png

Original:

escape-preview-bh-02_700.jpg

Nice work on the quick chop. I thought it’d make it look better but it doesn’t. It needs something below the lights like the macan has, or like the Kuga has. I’m not sure why they chose to give the American version a different front. The kugas front looks better.maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

Nice work on the quick chop. I thought it’d make it look better but it doesn’t. It needs something below the lights like the macan has, or like the Kuga has. I’m not sure why they chose to give the American version a different front. The kugas front looks better.maxresdefault.jpg

You are 100% correct! The Kuga looks much better. Hoping Ford gets smart and gives the domestic market an ST version. Not likely since Ford markets the Escape to women.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mpcmotorsports said:

You are 100% correct! The Kuga looks much better. Hoping Ford gets smart and gives the domestic market an ST version. Not likely since Ford markets the Escape to women.

The thing is nearly all the photos of the 2020 Kuga are of the ST-line, not the regular Kuga. The highline Kuga Vingale or whatever its called is close to the US verison with a different grill. 

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

The thing is nearly all the photos of the 2020 Kuga are of the ST-line, not the regular Kuga. The highline Kuga Vingale or whatever its called is close to the US verison with a different grill. 

Ford-Kuga-2020-SUV.jpgman that car is hard to find a pic of. I think this is it. 

• Like 1

It will be interesting to see how this compares to the redesigned RAV4. The previous model with the stormtrooper grill sold very well. The Tacoma inspired "masculine" look seems to be selling well, so far.

With Ford softening or "feminizing"the Escape, will it gain or lose?

16 minutes ago, J-150 said:

It will be interesting to see how this compares to the redesigned RAV4. The previous model with the stormtrooper grill sold very well. The Tacoma inspired "masculine" look seems to be selling well, so far.

They're splitting the segment. Escape covers the "cute" side, Scout covers the "masculine" side. 

I think it's going to work. 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, J-150 said:

I'm glad I bought my Escape when I did. Ever since the redesign of 2013, the look has been worse with every restyle. Should I ever need to get another vehicle, I'll definitely look at an Explorer, Edge or the Scout. Hopefully that's a road I won't have to go down anytime soon.