RAM June Sales

Trailhiker

40 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Because they don't allow CR to do quality surveys. Can't control the narrative if they do. 

35 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

In this article from 2017, they don't allow access to vehicle registration data, so JD Power doesn't have a customer list to send surveys to.

https://autoweek.com/article/tesla/why-wont-tesla-participate-jd-power-quality-survey

HRG

image.png.5381b9fd17ede26a355d1afefe6fe504.png

15 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Because they don't allow CR to do quality surveys. Can't control the narrative if they do. 

It is JD Powers that they block from being able to do either initial build quality or longer term reliability/dependability  surveys. JLR would *love* to see Tesla added to JD Powers' surveys because the ratings would be so bad it would make them look good.

CR is still able to do their surveys because they survey their members. In the last set of CR surveys the number of Tesla vehicles finally got big enough for them to add to their survey results, the upshot of which led CR to remove Tesla from their recommended list.

17 hours ago, rperez817 said:

Yes sir. In the recently released J.D. Power IQS 2019, Ram as a brand had more owner reported problems than Ford or the other brands that sell pickup trucks (Chevrolet, GMC, Toyota, Nissan, Honda). But Ram did much better than the worst scoring brands (Land Rover and Jaguar). Ram=105 problems per 100 vehicles.

2019088a.jpg

JD Powers IQS is bull-crap.  The "problems" are not consumer issues that they brought in for fixing, it could be as something as they don't like...ie. the design of the cruise control stalk, the voice recognition or brake dust on their wheels.  We went through this debate when SYNC first came out and Ford's IQS rating plummeted to the bottom.  Anyone who uses this as a predictor of future vehicle quality may be in for a rude awakening 5 years down the line.

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a15122465/the-trouble-with-jd-powers-initial-quality-study-feature/

Edited by Anthony

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 9:18 AM, fordtech1 said:

I personally have no knowledge or experience with new ram trucks. However, I find it interesting how quality is talked so much about but in the grand scheme of things people buy what’s stylish. Look at Audi, they don’t exactly have a blemish free report card. They turn into money pits, like old VWs and BMWs, but people buy them because they are pretty. 

When a regular car needs repairs, oh it’s a POS. When an import needs repairs, oh it’s German engineering and complicated. Give me a break.  

News flash, it’s mechanical and built on a budget. It will need repairs at some point. The question is whether the bean counters  dictated cuts to mandate poor engineering. Cough: DSP6 cough

Most of those German luxury cars are leased. Word is out that one does not want to own a European luxury car after the warranty ends. People simply lease one, and turn it in for a new one after the lease ends.

2 hours ago, grbeck said:

Most of those German luxury cars are leased. Word is out that one does not want to own a European luxury car after the warranty ends. People simply lease one, and turn it in for a new one after the lease ends.

When I was cross-shopping the Jaguar F-Pace and Range Rover Velar (I ended up going with the Lincoln Nautilus 2.7) I spent a lot of time on the F-Pace and Velar boards. They were full of enthusiasts who loved their vehicles (and they are each terrific crossovers in their own way), despite the many frustrations over the numerous glitches, primarily electric- or infotainment-related, that they needed to keep having to have worked on under the warranty. To a person, however, folks on the boards agreed that they would never lease or own a JLR vehicle past its warranty. Those, I guess, go to a different sort of person -- because obviously, *someone* is going to end up owning that vehicle after its warranty is over.

Edited by Gurgeh
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Gurgeh said:

When I was cross-shopping the Jaguar F-Pace and Range Rover Velar (I ended up going with the Lincoln Nautilus 2.7) I spent a lot of time on the F-Pace and Velar boards. They were full of enthusiasts who loved their vehicles (and they are each terrific crossovers in their own way), despite the many frustrations over the numerous glitches, primarily electric- or infotainment-related, that they needed to keep having to have worked on under the warranty. To a person, however, folks on the boards agreed that they would never lease or own a JLR vehicle past its warranty. Those, I guess, go to a different sort of person -- because obviously, *someone* is going to end up owning that vehicle after its warranty is over.

The return-lease vehicles are often resold as "certified used vehicles." Most likely the third owners are the ones left holding the bag.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2019 at 10:51 AM, Gurgeh said:

You can potentially find thousands of dollars of "deferred maintenance" as the third or 4th owner of a luxury or near luxury vehicle. 

• Haha 2