RAM June Sales

Trailhiker

19 hours ago, rperez817 said:

U.S. pickup truck sales for 1st half 2019.

• GM 438,206 (Chevrolet 321,940, GMC 116,266)
  • FCA 306,732 (Ram 299,480, Jeep 7,252)
  • Toyota 176,363
  • Nissan 57,348
  • Honda 15,255
  • Ford to be announced July 3

Ford - 478,699 (F-Series 448,398, Ranger 30,301)

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Ford - 478,699 (F-Series 448,398, Ranger 30,301)

Love how Ford's 2 trucks have outsold GM's 6 trucks through the first half of the year.  Remember when GM fanboys would make a big deal when sales of GM + Chevy > Ford?  Ha!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, fordmantpw said:

Love how Ford's 2 trucks have outsold GM's 6 trucks through the first half of the year.  Remember when GM fanboys would make a big deal when sales of GM + Chevy > Ford?  Ha!

But that's only because GM didnt have all truck trims available and urge patience.  - per GM.

Edited by blwnsmoke
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, fordmantpw said:

I'm interested to see how this levels out... Ram's growth has been gradual and steady for several years now. Assuming that GM can react somewhat quickly with a new interior and front/rear end mods in the next 2 model years, so much damage will already have been done. 

11 minutes ago, blwnsmoke said:

But that's only because GM didnt have all truck trims available and urge patience.  - per GM.

There is plenty of inventory out there, especially  of volume models, and the incentives in place for these all-new trucks tell the story. GM's excuse is deflating. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, blwnsmoke said:

It seems you are just like the media, you find unique links to try to advertise your agenda instead of looking at the big picture. 

No agenda sir, just pointing out what any LD fullsize pickup truck buyer knows. Massive discounts off MSRP are the norm. 

3 hours ago, fordmantpw said:

Love how Ford's 2 trucks have outsold GM's 6 trucks through the first half of the year. 

Ford's decision to bring Ranger back to the U.S. should assure that Ford takes the pickup truck sales crown away from GM at the end of 2019.

37 minutes ago, fordmantpw said:

Take it back?

He means the one where they have to combine 4 models to eek out a 8,074 unit win over F-series alone for Q2.

And the one where Ford is already ahead 11,506 units on F-series alone vs. GM's 4 trucks YTD.

This doesn't include Ranger, which bumps Ford to a 12,806 win for Q2 and a 41,807 advantage for the year.

7 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

He means the one where they have to combine 4 models to eek out a 8,074 unit win over F-series alone for Q2.

And the one where Ford is already ahead 11,506 units on F-series alone vs. GM's 4 trucks YTD.

This doesn't include Ranger, which bumps Ford to a 12,806 win for Q2 and a 41,807 advantage for the year.

6 models.  It takes all 6 models for GM, and that barely eeks out F-Series alone for Q2.

Colorado, Canyon, Silverado, Silverado HD, Sierra, Sierra HD - total for Q2 = 241,861

F150 + Super Duty for Q2 = 233,787

For the first half of 2019, F-Series sold more than all 6 combined. I wasn't including Ranger at all.

6 minutes ago, fordmantpw said:

6 models.  It takes all 6 models for GM, and that barely eeks out F-Series alone for Q2.

Colorado, Canyon, Silverado, Silverado HD, Sierra, Sierra HD - total for Q2 = 241,861

F150 + Super Duty for Q2 = 233,787

For the first half of 2019, F-Series sold more than all 6 combined. I wasn't including Ranger at all.

Yes.  I was considering all Silverado (LD and HD) as 1 and all Sierra (LD and HD) as 1, and all F-series (150 and SD) as 1.

1 hour ago, fordmantpw said:

Take it back?

I don't know the last time Ford sold more pickup trucks than GM in the U.S. market. If Ford did ever pull off that feat in the past, it was many years ago. GM has been #1 in pickup trucks for a long time.

2019 is the year that will mark a big change in the pickup truck market. Not only Ford becoming #1 in sales. That's a big deal in itself. But also as mentioned in this thread, FCA is gaining pickup truck sales faster than almost anyone expected. 

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

He includes Canyorado and full size SUV sales 

GMC Canyon and Chevrolet Colorado, yes. Those are pickup trucks. Full size SUVs, no. GM is #1 in full size SUV sales by a wide margin, but that's not relevant to my previous post.

7 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

I don't know the last time Ford sold more pickup trucks than GM in the U.S. market. If Ford did ever pull off that feat in the past, it was many years ago. GM has been #1 in pickup trucks for a long time.

2019 is the year that will mark a big change in the pickup truck market. Not only Ford becoming #1 in sales. That's a big deal in itself. But also as mentioned in this thread, FCA is gaining pickup truck sales faster than almost anyone expected. 

GMC Canyon and Chevrolet Colorado, yes. Those are pickup trucks. Full size SUVs, no. GM is #1 in full size SUV sales by a wide margin, but that's not relevant to my previous post.

So yeah, just comparing total number of trucks sold, yes, GM wins.  A pretty shallow victory considering they sell 4 times as many models (or did before the Ranger).

3 hours ago, rperez817 said:

I don't know the last time Ford sold more pickup trucks than GM in the U.S. market. If Ford did ever pull off that feat in the past, it was many years ago. GM has been #1 in pickup trucks for a long time..

Check sales for 2013 and 2014.   Looks like Ford outsold GM in truck sales.   Not that long ago.

On 7/2/2019 at 2:28 PM, mpcmotorsports said:

What these numbers do not show is the breakdown between the "Classic" vs "New" Ram trucks. We all know that Ram is "whoring out" the Ram Classic to gain market share.

I was in Baltimore a couple of weeks ago and I was surprised to see a lot full of classic Rams behind my hotel. I assumed they had ceased production of the old model. If you can get big incentives on the new generation truck I can’t imagine how big they are on the classic model.

It's amazing what cheap will do.  It's also a damn shame that the POS Ram is 2nd place.  GM better wake up and figure things out to get back into #2.  Hopefully the next F150 will be even better and take Ford's lead further.

The only good thing is that a lot due to the lack of quality in Ram, those Ram sales today will be Ford, GM, and everyone else in the future.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, akirby said:

I don’t think Ram quality is that bad, is it?  I know it’s worse than Ford but I don’t think POS is applicable here.  

I personally have no knowledge or experience with new ram trucks. However, I find it interesting how quality is talked so much about but in the grand scheme of things people buy what’s stylish. Look at Audi, they don’t exactly have a blemish free report card. They turn into money pits, like old VWs and BMWs, but people buy them because they are pretty. 

When a regular car needs repairs, oh it’s a POS. When an import needs repairs, oh it’s German engineering and complicated. Give me a break.  

News flash, it’s mechanical and built on a budget. It will need repairs at some point. The question is whether the bean counters  dictated cuts to mandate poor engineering. Cough: DSP6 cough

• Like 1

5 hours ago, akirby said:

I don’t think Ram quality is that bad, is it?  I know it’s worse than Ford but I don’t think POS is applicable here.  

Yes sir. In the recently released J.D. Power IQS 2019, Ram as a brand had more owner reported problems than Ford or the other brands that sell pickup trucks (Chevrolet, GMC, Toyota, Nissan, Honda). But Ram did much better than the worst scoring brands (Land Rover and Jaguar). Ram=105 problems per 100 vehicles.

2019088a.jpg

Edited by rperez817

39 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

Yes sir. In the recently released J.D. Power IQS 2019, Ram as a brand had more owner reported problems than Ford or the other brands that sell pickup trucks (Chevrolet, GMC, Toyota, Nissan, Honda). But Ram did much better than the worst scoring brands (Land Rover and Jaguar). Ram=105 problems per 100 vehicles.

2019088a.jpg

Wondering why Tesla is not on this list....