Bronco Raptor closer to reality?

2 hours ago, buddysystem said:

As far as the 5.0 Coyote rumor, I think Ford Bronco fans would be as happy as Jeep Wrangler fans knowing that a Coyote would bolt in much like the hemis are bolting into the new JL Wranglers.  If you have the $$ or know how  or both it could be done.

Would Ford design a vehicle to accommodate a bigger engine, knowing that they probably don't want to go through the costs and testing of offering the engine themselves, but just in case they change their mind, or maybe they just want to accommodate builders in the aftermarket?

7 hours ago, probowler said:

Would Ford design a vehicle to accommodate a bigger engine, knowing that they probably don't want to go through the costs and testing of offering the engine themselves, but just in case they change their mind, or maybe they just want to accommodate builders in the aftermarket?

For things like suspension components or body mods, that's likely. Something like an engine which can effect how effective the crash structure works I'm not sure. Engineering that kind of mod-ability might me too expensive. Especially if the rumors are true and the Bronco program is already at the razors edge of being over budget. 

On 6/28/2019 at 6:39 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

Nobody sees a Bronco and thinks desert runner. That's why Bronco shouldn't get the Raptor name. Whatever hi-po version of the Bronco they're working on should be a rock crawler, and there's been many hints at that coming from various executives lately. 

Too bad the TrailBlazer name was already used by GM. 

Ford actually has a good bit of history with the Bronco as a Baja racer that involved Bill Stroppe, Parnelli Jones just to name a few.

https://silodrome.com/big-oly-ford-bronco/

https://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/10/23/championship-bronco-rod-halls-stroppe-bronco-returns-to-baja/

Bronco drivers are savage ?

3 hours ago, jpd80 said:

The elements that make up Bronco will make it an almost Raptor anyway 

Yeah, Raptor badging does seem redundant anyway. It probably makes the most sense to let the Raptor be the sport truck(s) and the Bronco be the sport SUVs.  What you would call a possible Bronco Truck? Maybe nothing, maybe just let the Ranger Raptor fill that niche. 

I know we haven't talked about a Bronco truck in a long time, so that idea is probably long dead or never existed. But I think Bronco SUVs and Raptor F-Series/Rangers makes for a really strong, diverse lineup.