Today's Bronco Non news story

30 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

So are we going to assume the Bronco will get a Raptor version? If so, I would think the 3.0 TT would fit the bill. That would be your range topper.

The only thing is there's only so many powertrains they're going to offer.  They won't have 5-6 different options.

2 minutes ago, J-150 said:

Given how well a 2.3 Ranger spanked the Gladiator in the Gauntlet challenge, how much more power does a T6 Bronco need vs Wrangler?

Just as an example, a loaded AWD Everest weighs 5500lbs or 2494Kg

The Wrangler weighs nearly 1000lbs less in some configurations or about 500lbs less

The Ranger weighs about 4400lb fully loaded

So expect the Bronco to between those two weights, since it will have more sheetmetal to it then the Wrangler

• Like 1

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Just as an example, a loaded AWD Everest weighs 5500lbs or 2494Kg

The Wrangler weighs nearly 1000lbs less in some configurations or about 500lbs less

The Ranger weighs about 4400lb fully loaded

So expect the Bronco to between those two weights, since it will have more sheetmetal to it then the Wrangler

Unlike the Ranger we got here the Bronco is a 100% new vehicle essentially from the ground up. They can incorporate way more lightweight technology (liberal use of aluminum, etc) with it than they could with the Ranger. 

55 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Unlike the Ranger we got here the Bronco is a 100% new vehicle essentially from the ground up. They can incorporate way more lightweight technology (liberal use of aluminum, etc) with it than they could with the Ranger. 

Is that a hint at the use of aluminum? Or wishful thining?

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Right, but I was providing that as a baseline-I wouldn't expect it to weigh as much as the Everest...I'm thinking around 5K pounds or so. The Edge (which is roughly what I expect the Bronco to be around the size of) is only 4K in AWD guise 

4 hours ago, grbeck said:

Somehow, I doubt that FCA management will do this.

GM management, on the other hand, seems to be in its own world right now.

People who know and love Jeep will continue to buy it, Bronco as a sub brand can do a lot to change Ford's image in terms of off road capability - look at what Ford is doing with SD Tremor and you just know that something special is brewing within the brand.

GM is very different, it will watch Ford and Jeep and then suddenly decide it wants in on those segments and rush something to market.

5 hours ago, J-150 said:

Given how well a 2.3 Ranger spanked the Gladiator in the Gauntlet challenge, how much more power does a T6 Bronco need vs Wrangler?

..so imagine if the 2.3 EB was a base engine in Bronco and NG Ranger...

In fairness, the Ranger only towed 5,000 lbs up the Gauntlet because the Tacoma's max tow rating was 6,400 lb and they didn't want to risk exceeding its gross combined rating. The Gladiator towed it's max 7,000 lb up the Gauntlet in just over nine minutes but man, that V6 was all wrung out doing it as altitude robbed horsepower. I would love to see the team repeat the Extreme Gauntlet with Ranger and Colorado and sure, Tacoma at it 6,400 lb max for good measure.

Edited by jpd80

12 hours ago, J-150 said:

None...u dont buy a wrangler for its power...inline 6 in a wrangler and it would still keep the heep fans happy and the line moving..we will soon know what market ford intends to chase with the bronc...not completly convinced it will be a wrangler buyer...

Edited by snooter

Is there even a point to diesels today if you're not towing? They used to have better MPGs but I believe emission controls have eaten away at those?  Plus diesel is so expensive today.... and the initial price premium,

I don't see the appeal unless you tow.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, snooter said:

We will soon know what market ford intends to chase with the bronc...not completly convinced it will be a wrangler buyer...

Its not...its doing its own take of what it thinks it going to be...its aiming for a more civilized vehicle that doesn't give up comfort for off road abilities. 

4 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Its not...its doing its own take of what it thinks it going to be...its aiming for a more civilized vehicle that doesn't give up comfort for off road abilities. 

with available aftermarket options to address offroad prowess.....I like Fords take, as only a minute percentage will be utilized for "rock crawling" and the like...

14 hours ago, resaca95 said:

Any word on a diesel option?

diesels ultimately going to go bye bye in my opinion...electric is 100% torque avail at zero RPMS....a hybrid drivetrain of some sort may ultimately make diesel obsolete