Today's Bronco Non news story

46 minutes ago, Bob Rosadini said:

And will be on dealer lots in March 2021-unless the Strait of Hormuz is closed in which case...................I sometimes get the feeling someone at Ford really is not crazy about the Bronco.

The US is a net exporter of oil now...the Strait of Hormuz isn't as important to us as it was 30 years ago. 

6 minutes ago, probowler said:

I pray to the automotive gods a fullsize version will get a proper V8. Interesting times we're in, where a V6 might be the big engine.

If they make a true full size Bronco, possibly but i would only think that it would only be a full size Bronco Raptor. If the regular raptor gets the new GT500 engine, then all things are possible.

20 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

The US is a net exporter of oil now...the Strait of Hormuz isn't as important to us as it was 30 years ago. 

Agree- thx to fracking our position is better today.  However IMO if it happened, it would cause chaos on world market. And prices will take off.  The trading world doesn't need much of a reason to go into full panic mode.  Just like the fire this week in Philly.   First thing you heard about on the news was the potential impact this was going to have on prices.  And always remember-not all crudes are the same.  Don't pretend to understand the world scene-but I would bet it would impact our pricing here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, probowler said:

I pray to the automotive gods a fullsize version will get a proper V8. Interesting times we're in, where a V6 might be the big engine.

Might? The biggets/baddest engine available in a F150 is a V6... Ford GT.. Crazy times indeed. ;)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

No its not...but 70%+ of saudi heavy crude (called sour in trade - expensive to process) goes to asian markets....asian markets would collapse...kiss your 401k goodbye...the scout gets feed WTI (aka sweet) dino shell 20w50...the dinos in texas (and pennsylvania) must have been well fed.....my Beta gets fed Motul synthetic....if there is disruption trucks are going to sit and get real cheap quickly...orange man is aware of this

Edited by snooter

10 hours ago, Bob Rosadini said:

Agree- thx to fracking our position is better today.  However IMO if it happened, it would cause chaos on world market. And prices will take off.  The trading world doesn't need much of a reason to go into full panic mode.  Just like the fire this week in Philly.   First thing you heard about on the news was the potential impact this was going to have on prices.  And always remember-not all crudes are the same.  Don't pretend to understand the world scene-but I would bet it would impact our pricing here.

Right, but even with the shitshow in the Gulf and that fire in Philly, gas prices are still dropping in NJ-if anything they would be going up with all that going on. 

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Right, but even with the shitshow in the Gulf and that fire in Philly, gas prices are still dropping in NJ-if anything they would be going up with all that going on. 

Beacuse saudi ships oil west thru there pipeline to red sea ports...capacity issue and remainder leaves on tankers in persian gulf..philly was rumored to being permantly shut down..it was factored into the market before the spolshin...bottom line is no spike in gas price

Edited by snooter

5 hours ago, snooter said:

No its not...but 70%+ of saudi heavy crude (called sour in trade - expensive to process) goes to asian markets....asian markets would collapse...kiss your 401k goodbye...the scout gets feed WTI (aka sweet) dino shell 20w50...the dinos in texas (and pennsylvania) must have been well fed.....my Beta gets fed Motul synthetic....if there is disruption trucks are going to sit and get real cheap quickly...orange man is aware of this

Orange man isn't aware of what day it is.

10 hours ago, snooter said:

Beacuse saudi ships oil west thru there pipeline to red sea ports...capacity issue and remainder leaves on tankers in persian gulf..philly was rumored to being permantly shut down..it was factored into the market before the spolshin...bottom line is no spike in gas price

Latest news this afternoon- the biggest East Coast refinery at 335,000 bbls per day will close by end of July.  this is the one that had the fire last week and has been struggling for a couple of years.  Owner PES will attempt to find a buyer but its problem is it is dependent on high cost North sea and  west African crude.  The lower cost Bakken crude now goes to midwest and Gulf coast refineries via pipeline.

• Like 1

My assumptions for the Bronco:

2.3L Ecoboost with the Explorer tune for 310HP

3.3L Hybrid with 320HP (think its rated at 318 in the Explorer)

2.7L Ecoboost topping the line out with 380HP

I'd like a 2.7L Hybrid offering, but I think due to price constraints on my end (I don't want to pay $50K for a Bronco), I don't think thats happening...I'd be happy with a Mid range Bronco with a hybrid for around $40K

8 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

My assumptions for the Bronco:

2.3L Ecoboost with the Explorer tune for 310HP

3.3L Hybrid with 320HP (think its rated at 318 in the Explorer)

2.7L Ecoboost topping the line out with 380HP

I'd like a 2.7L Hybrid offering, but I think due to price constraints on my end (I don't want to pay $50K for a Bronco), I don't think thats happening...I'd be happy with a Mid range Bronco with a hybrid for around $40K

It'd be tough to decide!  I'd want they hybrid for mileage (and other benefits like free express lanes, etc), but the performance of the 2.7 would be fun!

How about skip them all and throw in Aviator's 3.0 GT powertrain ? (yes I'm kidding)

Edited by rmc523

6 hours ago, jpd80 said:

I want Jeep and GM to be totally unprepared for Bronco and dismiss it as a nothing vehicle...

Somehow, I doubt that FCA management will do this.

GM management, on the other hand, seems to be in its own world right now.

Edited by grbeck