2020 Explorer production video

My Super Duty came with all LEDs (the headlights were extra, of course) except for the lights on the sun visors.  Seriously, the yellow light from those make the interior look cheap compared to everything else.  Granted, they aren't used often, but I cringe every time they are.  $70k truck and they couldn't spring an extra $0.57 for LEDs in the sun visors!

8 minutes ago, fordmantpw said:

My Super Duty came with all LEDs (the headlights were extra, of course) except for the lights on the sun visors.  Seriously, the yellow light from those make the interior look cheap compared to everything else.  Granted, they aren't used often, but I cringe every time they are.  $70k truck and they couldn't spring an extra $0.57 for LEDs in the sun visors!

The license plate lights on my dad's Raptor are the only non LED lights on the truck (I'm guessing the sun visors are not LED like yours as well).

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Ford seems very inconsistent with their lighting.

Explorer comes LEDs all around (aside from the aforementioned reverse/turn signals) and has since like 2015; Edge has LED everything all around.  Meanwhile, the Expedition comes with standard halogens all around, and only gets LEDs on upper trims.

Yes. It's not a major deal, but at night when you compare the front lighting to the rear it looks inconsistent. I will say, however I love the LED backup lights on my Ranger. It's like turning a couple bright white flood lights on when you back up!

On 6/25/2019 at 1:09 PM, akirby said:

It was a joke.  I was referring to the test section with the rocks where I presume they test the suspension and listen for rattles.

Actually it's to test the sound system to ensure it can go loud enough to cover up the rattles and squeaks. ?

As a consolation, Fusion sales have increased as commercial fleet buyers purchase mid sized cars for sales staff. That's the thing that bugs me, Commecial fleet sales go mostly to smaller operators that don't normally qualify for the massive discounts imagined by some when they see "fleet sales", this is why Super Dutys and Transit sales make a lot of sense to Ford's business.

11 hours ago, jpd80 said:

As a consolation, Fusion sales have increased as commercial fleet buyers purchase mid sized cars for sales staff. That's the thing that bugs me, Commecial fleet sales go mostly to smaller operators that don't normally qualify for the massive discounts imagined by some when they see "fleet sales", this is why Super Dutys and Transit sales make a lot of sense to Ford's business.

My company only has Fords.  It is a mix between Taurus and Fusion.  Which level you are depends on the model but they ha e hundreds of them and turn them over every 2 years (75k).

Not sure who they will go through now or what they will pick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blwnsmoke said:

My company only has Fords.  It is a mix between Taurus and Fusion.  Which level you are depends on the model but they ha e hundreds of them and turn them over every 2 years (75k).30mm ride height

Not sure who they will go through now or what they will pick.

Quite a few here suspect that Ford will have " near cars" in the future, they just don't want to talk about that at the moment. I could imagine Fusion coming back as 5-door with the Active treatment and Edge's 2.0 EB 8AT. Such a shame that Ford didn't roll the Taurus to CD4, could have easily been built at Flat Rock with Conti and Mustang.

Edited by jpd80

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2019 at 8:56 AM, jpd80 said:

Quite a few here suspect that Ford will have " near cars" in the future, they just don't want to talk about that at the moment. I could imagine Fusion coming back as 5-door with the Active treatment and Edge's 2.0 EB 8AT. Such a shame that Ford didn't roll the Taurus to CD4, could have easily been built at Flat Rock with Conti and Mustang.

Well, one can only ho-

Na, forget it.