• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
LincolnLawyer

2018 Navigator Rattle Coming From Front at Low Speeds

I have a 2018 (9/18 build) Reserve L that has about 2,500 miles. I just started hearing a rattle coming from the front of the vehicle at low speeds on less than perfect roads. Seems to go away while cruising at highway speeds.

I can’t seem to pinpoint exactly where this rattle is coming from - could be from within the dash, engine compartment or underneath.  I would say it’s a medium-pitched rattle that is also somewhat sensitive, i.e. one brief bump will cause 2, 3, 4 rattle cycles if that makes sense.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I love everything about the Navigator, but this rattle is starting to affect my sanity. 

Edited by LincolnLawyer

Thanks. Maybe this should be obvious, but what is the IP?

Yes, I will be taking it to the dealer, but I was hoping to wait until the first service is due. Just trying to narrow it down in the meantime. 

Unless you live on the south forty, have the dealer bring you a car while they pick up and tighten up whatever is loose or fell behind the dash.  The beauty of a Lincoln warranty is the service.

I can appreciate that, but I do like being personally involved with my vehicle’s maintenance and repairs to the extent possible. I guess it’s in my dna. 

11 hours ago, LincolnLawyer said:

I can appreciate that, but I do like being personally involved with my vehicle’s maintenance and repairs to the extent possible. I guess it’s in my dna. 

Nothing wrong with that, I've been a mechanic and engineer my whole life.  They won't let me in the garage, so I usually leave claw marks on the glass watching them do recall work.