New Ford GT variant coming...

20 hours ago, Stray Kat said:

Hey my hypothesis is based on the theory that amateur GT racing may need to have costs and complexity contained.

I'm not sure how cost or complexity figures into this. The EB35HO can't be that much of a cost; after all, what is essentially the same engine is used in the Raptor, which clocks in at a fraction of the cost of the GT. As for complexity, I'm not seeing how the EB is any more complex than a Coyote V8. They use the same engine control system, so that's not it. Sure, it adds two turbos and some plumbing, but the Coyote adds two cylinders, which adds two pistons, eight valves, etc, which are all moving parts and contribute to the rotating mass of the engine. It seems to me that's a wash on the complexity front...

Hey listen those LMP2 cars all seem to be using a Gibson V8. (Which is a modern interpretation of a Cosworth DFV in my opinion) 

They are this was to simplify and standardize the category around one engine. 

Ford races the Coyote based power plant in several divisions of sports car racing. 

I can see a business case for a simple Coyote based Ford GT combination. 

I don't see them thinking much beyond selling more road cars, the line up is still around the corner for a $400K car

and that's a mystique and price command that the new Corvette can never match

Edited by jpd80

1 hour ago, Stray Kat said:

We don’t know that for sure. That’s what we were led to believe, I’ll give you that. 

That came strait from the Ford engineers so I’m not sure why you wouldn’t believe them, especially since it was built specifically for LeMans rules.