New Ford GT variant coming...

2 hours ago, akirby said:

V8s won't fit.  They literally designed the car around the 3.5LEB.

Yes I understand that completely and I’m certainly not thinking for sure but you remove the turbos and associated plumbing and I’ll bet you could get a V8 in there especially if you’re Multimatic. 

I would venture to guess that a N/A V8 would be an easier thing to tune for the privateers. 

The most insane thing about the GT is being able to be competitive having a V6 biturbo, but you insist on a V8 as if that kind of propeller had some future.  Countries are banning combustion cars and the next step in the GT's legacy is to be EV. Too late for V8. Its time to hybrid GT

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RadicalX said:

The most insane thing about the GT is being able to be competitive having a V6 biturbo, but you insist on a V8 as if that kind of propeller had some future.  Countries are banning combustion cars and the next step in the GT's legacy is to be EV. Too late for V8. Its time to hybrid GT

That would be kick ass

I would bet its just a high performance more track oriented car....no hybrid, no different engine etc etc etc....that entails complete re-design......not to mention crash testing, federalization...track only version for the win...stripped interior, no A/c ( thus the roof scoop ) maybe a full roll cage...GT-R. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Deanh said:

I would bet its just a high performance more track oriented car....no hybrid, no different engine etc etc etc....that entails complete re-design......not to mention crash testing, federalization...track only version for the win...stripped interior, no A/c ( thus the roof scoop ) maybe a full roll cage...GT-R. 

I agree with this.

1 hour ago, Deanh said:

but its already exists and Its called GT Carbon Series

5 hours ago, Stray Kat said:

Hey my hypothesis is based on the theory that amateur GT racing may need to have costs and complexity contained. 

I would absolutely love to see a super high tech hypercar but to what end. So that it can be BOPped out of existence? 

I think you just described the C8 Corvette and its Blackwing V8....

I think this is just another Ford GT special like Carbon for more buyers on the list, Ford and Multi Mac can work this for another year or so.

• Like 1