Explorer ST First Drive Review

Apparently, kinda somber.

From the review, it seems that the ST has a good ride, is very capable, but it feels somewhat disconnected and is less "bonkers" than the Durango SRT.

I'll reserve my judgement until I drive one, but my initial concern would be that this sounds worryingly similar to the knocks on the Fusion ST.

Edited by ZanatWork

Pretty similar to the Edge ST.  It's just a mildly tuned sport model developed at the same time as the other models.

It's far more refined than the Durango SRT,  $10K cheaper and will handle and brake better.   And it looks way better.   I'll take all that over a few tenths 0-60 all day.

Steering is a little disappointing though.  Probably needs more tuning.

1 hour ago, blwnsmoke said:

Ummmm...    they got 0-60 in 5.1 seconds!!

I was certain Ford was conservative on the time. If this time is duplicated then my hunch will be correct. If the  Aviator GT isn't too tubby, I think it will be in the mid to high 4's. Mostly just a spec sheet thing, as your aren't going to whip around town like that with your family with you....or at least you shouldn't.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2019 at 8:15 AM, rmc523 said:

I will say them putting the speedometer on the left bothers me.

They copied the Corvette.  Tach is center - speedo to the left - not as important as rpm - at least when you have a Manual.

23 minutes ago, msm859 said:

They copied the Corvette.  Tach is center - speedo to the left - not as important as rpm - at least when you have a Manual.

Maybe if you’re on a track. I just kind of know where to shift mine without even really paying attention during every day driving 

27 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Maybe if you’re on a track. I just kind of know where to shift mine without even really paying attention during every day driving 

True.  Although occasionally you just want to wind it out.  Actually I probably use my HUD more than the regular gauges.