Jump to content
  • Custom Search


LynnAnn

2019 Lincoln Navigator engine issue

Recommended Posts

I am having an issue with the engine making a loud noise when it is first started. Occasionally a squealing noise. Mechanics can’t find anything wrong. After doing further research I found another owner having the same problem. Were we sold lemons? Anybody experiencing this? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LynnAnn said:

I am having an issue with the engine making a loud noise when it is first started. Occasionally a squealing noise. Mechanics can’t find anything wrong. After doing further research I found another owner having the same problem. Were we sold lemons? Anybody experiencing this? 

No LynnAnn, you were not sold a lemon...you were sold a vehicle with a warranty and in the case of Lincoln, concierge service to assist you further...have them come get it and leave you a Lincoln loaner and tell them to keep it until it is corrected.  You claim "mechanics can't find anything wrong."...is that at the Lincoln dealership repair bay??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to hear you're having issues.   If you'll describe what's happening in more detail maybe someone here can help.

But please don't go posting over and over in multiple forums and topics - this one is fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Turn your phone on and record what you are hearing,  Once you have a recording, save the sound file and send a copy to the service manager.  Keep us posted as to what they find.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a recording of the noise. My dealership said they are not sure where it is coming from. I heard this noise again yesterday. I am not the only Navigator owner with this issue. I am also experiencing vibration under the gas pedal and some shaking. The vehicle jerks when coming to a stop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, twintornados said:

No LynnAnn, you were not sold a lemon...you were sold a vehicle with a warranty and in the case of Lincoln, concierge service to assist you further...have them come get it and leave you a Lincoln loaner and tell them to keep it until it is corrected.  You claim "mechanics can't find anything wrong."...is that at the Lincoln dealership repair bay??

Yes I was a sold a vehicle with a warranty but I should not be experiencing a loud noise coming from my New Navigator. With all the issues I am experiencing, I feel it is a lemon. Yes the vehicle was taken to a Lincoln Dealership. I played the recording for them.  My dealership has had my vehicle for 32 days since I bought it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, LynnAnn said:

Yes I was a sold a vehicle with a warranty but I should not be experiencing a loud noise coming from my New Navigator. With all the issues I am experiencing, I feel it is a lemon. Yes the vehicle was taken to a Lincoln Dealership. I played the recording for them.  My dealership has had my vehicle for 32 days since I bought it. 

...and have you started the process of having Lincoln buy it back?? It doesn't matter what you "feel", it is what your State laws define what a "lemon" is. Oh and, by the way, you are not being forced to keep the vehicle....if you are not satisfied with it and do not wish to be bothered with going through the process of your States' lemon law process, I am sure the Cadillac or Mercedes dealership will take in in on trade and you can be free from your "lemon". I am sorry you are having difficulty with your purchase, but don't be alarmed if I am appear to be "jaded" to your postings...I have seen this in the past where a person will join the forum only to bitch and complain about their FoMoCo product in a FoMoCo forum. You will not convince me that I should buy another brand and I am enjoying my second Lincoln SUV after putting well over 100K on my first one....I do hope that your dealership can address your concerns, if not, try another Ford / Lincoln repair shop.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2019 at 6:50 AM, LynnAnn said:

Yes I was a sold a vehicle with a warranty but I should not be experiencing a loud noise coming from my New Navigator. With all the issues I am experiencing, I feel it is a lemon. Yes the vehicle was taken to a Lincoln Dealership. I played the recording for them.  My dealership has had my vehicle for 32 days since I bought it. 

Could you upload the sound file?  Please provide the mileage, what area of the US you are in, and how fast(car speed) your average drive is.  Also, can you hear these noises over the stereo.  Cars are machines and they make noise, sometimes if you are listening in dead quiet you can hear the starter, turbos, A/C compressor as they start and cycle.  These are all normal.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×