GT500-The most power-dense supercharged, production V-8 in the world

48 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

I’m guessing 780HP

You can clearly see the 2nd digit curves like the 0 at the bottom.

SInce we know it is more than 700, it would have to be a 3, 5, 6, 8 or 9.

At least 730!

Edited by Trailhiker
forgot the 6

1 hour ago, YT90SC said:

As long as the car stays significantly lighter than tubby over at Dodge... 

Unless something ground breaking happens, this will be a 4k car. Maybe the Carbon track pack gets it under 4k but the base will be over.The reality of it is, the origins of this platform date back to 2005. Reworked in 2010/11. Again in 15. There are things with this platform that you will have to deal with, weight to support power upgrade is just a given until the get a clean sheet redesign with new platform.

4 hours ago, jcartwright99 said:

Unless something ground breaking happens, this will be a 4k car. Maybe the Carbon track pack gets it under 4k but the base will be over.The reality of it is, the origins of this platform date back to 2005. Reworked in 2010/11. Again in 15. There are things with this platform that you will have to deal with, weight to support power upgrade is just a given until the get a clean sheet redesign with new platform.

Mustang needs a serious diet. That ass has been FAR too fat since they moved off Fox-III. Heck-Kitty Redeye is 4400lb. Camaro ZL1 is + or - 3900. Staying in the ballpark with the Bowtie has to happen, especially with the fact that this will most likely be on the lower half of the 700s, not the upper. 

1 hour ago, YT90SC said:

Mustang needs a serious diet. That ass has been FAR too fat since they moved off Fox-III. 

In all fucking seriousness, the Fox/SN95 couldn't hold candle to the S197 onwards chassis without serious help. All I know is if I had the same accident I had in my 06 GT with my 98 GT, I'd would have totalled out the car and most likely been hurt.

My 06 GT had 15K+ worth of damage and was down for almost a month-and was still soild as a rock when it was 12 years old and had 125K on it when I sold it. 

Not to mention the car grew 5 inches in wheelbase and overall length. All cars have gained weight due to airbags, electronics and stuff that was concept level dreams when the Fox platform existed. 

1 minute ago, silvrsvt said:

In all fucking seriousness, the Fox/SN95 couldn't hold candle to the S197 onwards chassis without serious help. All I know is if I had the same accident I had in my 06 GT with my 98 GT, I'd would have totalled out the car and most likely been hurt.

My 06 GT had 15K+ worth of damage and was down for almost a month-and was still soild as a rock when it was 12 years old and had 125K on it when I sold it. 

Not to mention the car grew 5 inches in wheelbase and overall length. All cars have gained weight due to airbags, electronics and stuff that was concept level dreams when the Fox platform existed. 

But but but weight! Power! 

4 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

But but but weight! Power! 

Right-the base model Ecoboost Mustang puts out more HP then the 4.6L ever did and gets 30 MPG too...go figure.

Weight is highly overrated-just take a look at BEVs and their massive curb weights 

Power figures has been announced as of today, according to Road & Track now that embargo has passed I think. How does 760 horsepower and 625 torque sound? The engine produces more horsepower and torque per liter than other V8 engines. Also more power than Corvette ZR1.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/a28090168/2020-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-horsepower-torque-specs/

1 hour ago, pffan1990 said:

Power figures has been announced as of today, according to Road & Track now that embargo has passed I think. How does 760 horsepower and 625 torque sound? The engine produces more horsepower and torque per liter than other V8 engines. Also more power than Corvette ZR1.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/a28090168/2020-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-horsepower-torque-specs/

760 isn't bad. I just want to see these on the road and track, as they look and sound mean.

Edited by jcartwright99
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, LSchicago said:

You mean last one hp.

"We know it's 7_0.   790+10=800.  So no, I don't mean one last hp lol".

I guess you misread the post: The last digit could be a 9! Last digit, not second digit.

Edited by LSchicago