Clay Bar Recommendations

Well, I was going to clay my dads Flex and my Fusion this weekend. It just rained all weekend so no dice on even washing them. I was going to go with the Mother's clay bar kit with a couple bars of clay. After doing research, I don't what to get.  Griots caught my eye too. Anyone have any recommendations?

28 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

Well, I was going to clay my dads Flex and my Fusion this weekend. It just rained all weekend so no dice on even washing them. I was going to go with the Mother's clay bar kit with a couple bars of clay. After doing research, I don't what to get.  Griots caught my eye too. Anyone have any recommendations?

Hi jcartwright.  Meguiar's, Mother's, Griot's are all excellent brands.  I personally tend to prefer Meguiar's products and have had good luck with them, including the claybar.  If you have no preference between those three, I would probably go with the one I could find on sale or least expensive, apples to apples, since they are all top brands and good for the purpose they need to accomplish. 

I'm sure others will jump in with their own opinions and experiences.

Good luck with whichever you choose and your car detailing.

Edited by bbf2530
  • Like 1

I’ve used both mothers and griots. I prefer mother’s.  I used griots last week on my new nautilus and it was much messier than mothers.  Very sticky and goopy... I kept spaying it to keep it slick but it was pretty messy. It worked fine but mother’s is easier to work with... -perhaps I got a bad batch. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, rperez817 said:

jcartwright sir, as bbf2530 mentioned Meguiar's, Mother's, and Griot's are all good choices.

Another option is Adam's Polishes Fine Grade Clay Bars. 2 100g bars for $17. https://adamspolishes.com/shop/exterior/adam-s-fine-grade-clay-bar.html

adams_polishes_fine_grade_clay_bars.jpg

I've been using Adams' products for the past 6 years or so-they are the real deal. I really like them. 

10 hours ago, Hootsjxn said:

I’ve used both mothers and griots. I prefer mother’s.  I used griots last week on my new nautilus and it was much messier than mothers.  Very sticky and goopy... I kept spaying it to keep it slick but it was pretty messy. It worked fine but mother’s is easier to work with... -perhaps I got a bad batch. 

Related image

• Haha 1

On 6/16/2019 at 9:15 AM, jcartwright99 said:

Used Mothers on the truck and both motorcycles.  No problems.

• 3 weeks later...