Buick Enspire Spied

rmc523

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/06/13/buick-enspire-spy-photos-crossover/#slide-7595352

I also don't understand where this slots in?

Encore
Encore GX
Enspire

Envision
Enclave

Do I have that right?

I think that is more in line with the lineup...The size gap between Encore (Ecosport sized) and Envision (Edge sized) is big...big enough to park Enspire (Escape sized) right in there.

PS: Looks like between Ford and Buick...we are going to run out of "good" names that start with the letter "E"...

Edited by twintornados

On 6/13/2019 at 10:18 AM, twintornados said:

I think that is more in line with the lineup...The size gap between Encore (Ecosport sized) and Envision (Edge sized) is big...big enough to park Enspire (Escape sized) right in there.

PS: Looks like between Ford and Buick...we are going to run out of "good" names that start with the letter "E"...

Envision is Escape size. The outgoing Escape being one of the shortest one in the segment while Envision is middle of the pack length wise - longer than its stable mate Chevy Equinox but shorter than VW Tiguan or Nissan Rogue.

I think Enspire is replacing Envision which won't be back any time soon due to the Trump tariffs. Not sure why that necessitates a name change but it's GM so don't ask logical questions. The concept car bearing the Enspire name was an EV but this one with long hood is clearly not an EV.

Edited by bzcat

8 minutes ago, bzcat said:

Envision is Escape size. The outgoing Escape being one of the shortest one in the segment while Envision is middle of the pack length wise - longer than its stable mate Chevy Equinox but shorter than VW Tiguan or Nissan Rogue.

I think Enspire is replacing Envision which won't be back any time soon due to the Trump tariffs. Not sure why that necessitates a name change but it's GM so don't ask logical questions. The concept car bearing the Enspire name was an EV but this one with long hood is clearly not an EV.

"Enivision" is a name that I'm sure GM wants to bury here in the US. People are not pleased by GM's outsourcing plans. 

12 hours ago, DequindreToo said:

"Enivision" is a name that I'm sure GM wants to bury here in the US. People are not pleased by GM's outsourcing plans. 

Agreed.GM loyalists want "Made in the USA"

Unless this is to get conquest sales from Korean brands. But those buyers are price sensitive, which is not where Buick is positioned.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2019 at 12:06 PM, rmc523 said:

This profile shot reminds me of the 2020 Escape (except for the greenhouse/c pillar treatment). If I could figure out how to post an image, I would. Agree with the comments regarding the long hood.

It's getting to the point (if not way past it) where there are way too many of these things without nearly enough differentiation.

Edited by Harley Lover

First off, several sources say that this will actually be called "Envoy", borrowing that former name from GMC.  "Enspire" is a convoluted name that I can't stand, so good.  Envision is NOT Escape-sized, it's Blazer/Edge sized.  Apparently, it's barely selling so this vehicle will replace it.  It's Escape/Equinox sized but on a slightly different platform - that of the Cadillac XT4.  A possible, similarly sized GMC vehicle, more designed to compete with the upcoming Bronco would be called "Jimmy".

48 minutes ago, AGR said:

It's been my understanding that the Jimmy will be a BOF SUV. 

IMO they should have saved the Blazer name for the BOF SUV-at least that is what my generation (gen X) remembers them as-or even trailblazer, but that is a newer name. 

6 hours ago, CLTEcoBoost said:

First off, several sources say that this will actually be called "Envoy", borrowing that former name from GMC.  "Enspire" is a convoluted name that I can't stand, so good.  Envision is NOT Escape-sized, it's Blazer/Edge sized.  Apparently, it's barely selling so this vehicle will replace it.  It's Escape/Equinox sized but on a slightly different platform - that of the Cadillac XT4.  A possible, similarly sized GMC vehicle, more designed to compete with the upcoming Bronco would be called "Jimmy".

Envisionis definitely Equinox size. It is significantly smaller than Blazer. It's not "barely selling"... GM has discontinued it due to the Trump tariff.

LxWxH // WB

Compacts:

• Envision 183.7" x 71" x 65.3" // 108.3"
  • Equinox 183.1" x 72.6" x 65.4" // 107.3"

Midsize:

• Arcadia 193.6" x 75.4" x 68.7" // 112.5"
  • Blazer 191.4" x 76.7" x 67" // 112.7"

Edited by bzcat

18 hours ago, bzcat said:

Envisionis definitely Equinox size. It is significantly smaller than Blazer. It's not "barely selling"... GM has discontinued it due to the Trump tariff.

LxWxH // WB

Compacts:

• Envision 183.7" x 71" x 65.3" // 108.3"
  • Equinox 183.1" x 72.6" x 65.4" // 107.3"

Midsize:

• Arcadia 193.6" x 75.4" x 68.7" // 112.5"
  • Blazer 191.4" x 76.7" x 67" // 112.7"

First Gen Equinox was 

Wheelbase 112.5 in (2,857 mm)

Length 188.8 in (4,796 mm)

Width 71.4 in (1,814 mm)

Height 68.3–69.3 in (1,735–1,760 mm)

It was a tweener when it first came out and shrank down in size the second gen to be better sized for its price point/competition. So that is part of the confusion.

Envision sales in the US:

2016 14,193
2017 41,040
2018 30,153
2019 7,623