Jump to content
  • Custom Search


Hootsjxn

Retail orders scheduled

Recommended Posts

As promised retail orders are being scheduled today.  Received my VIN this am.  Placed order on 5/7. Scheduled build day is 8/12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Hootsjxn said:

As promised retail orders are being scheduled today.  Received my VIN this am.  Placed order on 5/7. Scheduled build day is 8/12

Congrats.  So does that mean those already built will be released for sale?  Should we start seeing them at dealerships within the next couple of weeks?

Edited by msm859

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, msm859 said:

Congrats.  So does that mean those already built will be released for sale?  Should we start seeing them at dealerships within the next couple of weeks?

The ones already built have to be inspected and repaired if necessary and then they’ll be shipped.  I’d guess they’ll start showing up in 3 weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is a little aggravating; I placed mine as soon as I could and then just had to reorder last week due to a configuration issue. Was hoping to have it by the end of August but that’s not looking likely given when you ordered yours. 

 

But congrats on your order!!

Edited by Bellanca

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Hootsjxn said:

As promised retail orders are being scheduled today.  Received my VIN this am.  Placed order on 5/7. Scheduled build day is 8/12

Retail orders are not being built yet.  Only the Explorer (non hybrid) received the Ok 2 Buy about 3 hours ago.  Aviators have not been given the ok 2 buy yet.

Just because they are scheduled, they will continue to be pushed back until the ok 2 Buy is given.  Explorers last week got pushed back approximately 10 days because it hadn't been given yet.  So although orders are scheduled, it doesn't mean anything until we finally achieve Ok 2 Buy.

Edited by blwnsmoke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, akirby said:

The ones already built have to be inspected and repaired if necessary and then they’ll be shipped.  I’d guess they’ll start showing up in 3 weeks.

 

I personally think it is going to be a big cluster F...   5 -6 weeks of production, all piled up in storage lots.. have to go through them all, then figure out how to get them all out of the lot.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, blwnsmoke said:

 

I personally think it is going to be a big cluster F...   5 -6 weeks of production, all piled up in storage lots.. have to go through them all, then figure out how to get them all out of the lot.  

Nothing new - I think most completely new models have gone 4-5 weeks here lately.  At least it's not as bad as the 2013 Fusion/MKZ launch where they had to ship cars from Mexico to Detroit and back to replace the headlamps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, akirby said:

I didn't think they scheduled retail orders until ok to buy had been given?

Yes they do, they will just keep getting pushed back if the projected O2B isn't given.  Here are my 2 STs (had to reorder because I changed color)

April got the build week and Build date ended up being the 21st of this month.

2nd one placed in May received a build date in less then a week for July 26th but last week many Explorer members got theirs pushed back and it is now showing Aug 4th.

 

1st ST.jpg

 

20190613_152041_resized.jpg

Edited by blwnsmoke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mustangchief said:

Any GT's get scheduled?

 

Well that's the real question I am interested in - along with what size battery it has.  However, I assume they will not even start any of the hybrids until they are full speed ahead on the regular models.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, blwnsmoke said:

Yes they do, they will just keep getting pushed back if the projected O2B isn't given.  Here are my 2 STs (had to reorder because I changed color)

April got the build week and Build date ended up being the 21st of this month.

2nd one placed in May received a build date in less then a week for July 26th but last week many Explorer members got theirs pushed back and it is now showing Aug 4th.

Makes sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine order was just updated to "in Production" "sent to plant" - Does that mean they have OK to Buy and things will start moving along?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2019 at 11:15 AM, crozdub115 said:

Mine order was just updated to "in Production" "sent to plant" - Does that mean they have OK to Buy and things will start moving along?

 

I believe Ok to Buy was reached a week ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bellanca said:

Yes, last Friday. 

Any idea on when production will start for the GT?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, msm859 said:

Any idea on when production will start for the GT?

I don’t know, I can ask my sister and see if she knows. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×