TFL 2020 Explorer ST mini review

1 hour ago, Professor1234 said:

There is a new YouTube video posted by an auto dealer which confirms the Aviator has gas hood struts. 

The gentleman also pointed out (and I hadn’t noticed) the Audi-esque hood design -   very nice.  Now if I can only decide on an exterior colour I’d place my order!

What's an "Audi-esque" hood design?

52 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

I’m surprised that people aren’t insisting on heated and cooled hood release catches

Ha!   I did notice in the video that they changed to the "double pull" hood release latch instead of pulling the interior release, and having to then release the second latch actually at/under the popped hood.

6 hours ago, jpd80 said:

I’m surprised that people aren’t insisting on heated and cooled hood release catches

Ford's research department is asleep at the switch given the apparent fact that no one opens a hood anymore. Why don't they take advantage of this? There's no need to waste money on prop rods, hinges, and releases. Just weld it shut.This would be package 400A (standard). On the slim chance a buyer would want to gain access to the engine make him/her pay for it. The 410A package would include a working hood with a prop rod for $1250. Those foolish enough to want the dangerous and failure prone gas charged struts would have to fork out $1500 for the 420A package. This of course would enable Ford to make more progress towards its 8% return target.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/12/2019 at 1:29 PM, Trader 10 said:

Agreed. And if it's not cheap, why do the Lincoln models have struts?

Thought the same thing and if 95% of Explorer owners won't pop their hood, than maybe 99% of Lincoln owner's won't either:)  I got through most of the clip and while I think they did a good job with the Explorer-it did not reset any goal posts. For me, the Kia Telluride is star in that segment and would get my money.