Holy $%!#... Another Avenger was sold!

atomcat68

20 hours ago, RadicalX said:

Alfa Romeo is very weak! Jeep Compass and Renegade do not seem to have good market acceptance. Chrysler is dead and Dodge is on the precipice. 1500 Ram, Gladiator and Wrangler are the cars that will hold the whole group

"Dead" Chrysler sells more units with a stale sedan and a minivan than Lincoln does with six models with four of them in the hot CUV/SUV segments. In a bizarre way, they have my respect for that.

But on the bright side, Lincoln seems to be on its way to a bright future with surprisingly good products, while Chrysler is barely discussed by FCA. So in that respect, I agree, Chrysler may be dead soon.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, atomcat68 said:

"Dead" Chrysler sells more units with a stale sedan and a minivan than Lincoln does with six models with four of them in the hot CUV/SUV segments. In a bizarre way, they have my respect for that.

But on the bright side, Lincoln seems to be on its way to a bright future with surprisingly good products, while Chrysler is barely discussed by FCA. So in that respect, I agree, Chrysler may be dead soon.

Lincoln is another of the dozens luxury brands offering SUVs. Pacifica is not the most sold even in the minivans segment. I can't believe Lincoln and Chrysler are in comfortable positions. For Lincoln to be definitely competitive, everyone knows it need their own platforms and engines. For Chrysler to be competitive, it need to have something besides Pacifica

Edited by RadicalX

It was most likely a 'dealer demo' car used for loaners, never titled as "new". Finally sold with a used car price, but titled as "first owner".

Happens all the time. Ford will have lots of loaner Focuses/Fiestas listed in the next few years sold as "new"

57 minutes ago, 630land said:

It was most likely a 'dealer demo' car used for loaners, never titled as "new". Finally sold with a used car price, but titled as "first owner".

Happens all the time. Ford will have lots of loaner Focuses/Fiestas listed in the next few years sold as "new"

Eh.  It seems like most vehicles are "out" within a year maybe two of them being discontinued.  We're going on what, 5 years now at least?

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

Eh.  It seems like most vehicles are "out" within a year maybe two of them being discontinued.  We're going on what, 5 years now at least?

Yes sir. Dodge Avenger production ended 1Q 2014. FCA's Sterling Heights Assembly Plant was then retooled to build 2015 Chrysler 200. That model stopped production in Q4 2016.

Edited by rperez817

6 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Some of this could go back to the fake sales of models, remember Chrysler was falsifying its sales numbers for years. (https://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/chrysler/2019/04/05/fca-settles-suit-claims-phony-auto-sales/39303611/) They could be finding models that were counted and pulled back then counted again and pulled back and sold as demo/etc but were never counted as actually sold after they restated numbers.

On 6/11/2019 at 7:45 PM, RadicalX said:

Alfa Romeo is very weak! Jeep Compass and Renegade do not seem to have good market acceptance. Chrysler is dead and Dodge is on the precipice. 1500 Ram, Gladiator and Wrangler are the cars that will hold the whole group

I've seen a decent number of renegades around, I'm assuming because they're cheap.  Usually driven by kids.  I just don't see the appeal ?‍♂️   Dodge marketing must be pretty good.

13 minutes ago, probowler said:

I've seen a decent number of renegades around, I'm assuming because they're cheap.  Usually driven by kids.  I just don't see the appeal ?‍♂️   Dodge marketing must be pretty good.

I've seen a lot of older (50+) women driving then around me.