Was able to Sit in the Aviator

CaliNav

So today my dealer received Training Visit from Lincoln. I was there when the Aviator Reserve arrived they let me sit in, open the hatch etc... wouldn't let me drive it or take pictures as it was a pre production model.

My thoughts:

-New Silver is gorgeous (might be my color) it's one shade darker than the Ingot Silver.

-Soft close doors are nice, electronic door latches work perfect,  

-Interior much nicer than the Navigator (I have a 2018 Navigator Reserve). Leather softer, dash and doors sides a new material that really feels like leather.

-Cargo shade cover only covers behind the 3rd row, 

-Plenty of leg room and headroom in second row. I am 6'2" with really long legs.

-I really liked the mini console in second row

-Don't like the location of the wireless charging pad almost seemed like an after thought (in armrest storage on the side) unless Apple CarPlay or Google Car become wireless

-Not sold on the Air Suspension their Training guy liked it but it's not user adjustable it's all done with cameras and sonar to factory preset. Where we live most of our sidewalk are high and the Aviator w/Air Suspenion squats when you park it so I could see scraping the doors on the sidewalks which would happen everyday for us.

-Overall a beautiful car, feels really big inside, pre production model fit and finish outstanding, it's really the perfect size for our family.

-I am buying one :)

Sorry for any typos... I am tired.

Edited by CaliNav
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, mustangchief said:

They are wireless?  you should have your Bluetooth paired with Sync.

You are right it will pair with Sync via bluetooth so maybe the wireless charger location makes sense. I use Apple CarPlay so I will be using one of the USB ports. It had plenty of USB port options.

Edited by CaliNav

The other thing I forgot to mention is the front center console in pictures looks like that gloss black plastic (which I hate because it shows all the scratches) but it's not... it is wood and was nice how the pocket lids retract.

I am still blown away by the quality of the Aviator. The attention to detail really shows.

Edited by CaliNav
  • Like 1

Car Play works via Bluetooth, you don't need to use the USB or line in.

Using Apps on an iOS Device Select the apps option on the feature bar.
1. If your device is connected via USB, switch Apple CarPlay off.  See Phone (page 475). 2. Connect your device to a USB port or pair and connect using Bluetooth. 3. If prompted to enable CarPlay, select Disable. 4. Start the apps on your device that you want to use through SYNC. (I selected Enable)  It took a few times of frustration, but I don't have any issues listening to my itunes.

I connect via Bluetooth and all my music works fine.  Haven't used the Maps function or other Apps.  Oh messaging works too.

45 minutes ago, mustangchief said:

Car Play works via Bluetooth, you don't need to use the USB or line in.

Using Apps on an iOS Device Select the apps option on the feature bar.
1. If your device is connected via USB, switch Apple CarPlay off.  See Phone (page 475). 2. Connect your device to a USB port or pair and connect using Bluetooth. 3. If prompted to enable CarPlay, select Disable. 4. Start the apps on your device that you want to use through SYNC. (I selected Enable)  It took a few times of frustration, but I don't have any issues listening to my itunes.

I connect via Bluetooth and all my music works fine.  Haven't used the Maps function or other Apps.  Oh messaging works too.

Are you sure Apple CarPlay is wireless?  You might be able to access your iPhone via bluetooth, but I don't think "CarPlay" is actually wireless - at least not on Ford vehicles.

1 hour ago, msm859 said:

Are you sure Apple CarPlay is wireless?  You might be able to access your iPhone via bluetooth, but I don't think "CarPlay" is actually wireless - at least not on Ford vehicles.

It's not. I tried it with my wife's phone since hers is paired and mine isn't. 

17 hours ago, CaliNav said:

So today my dealer received Training Visit from Lincoln. I was there when the Aviator Reserve arrived they let me sit in, open the hatch etc... wouldn't let me drive it or take pictures as it was a pre production model.

My thoughts:

-New Silver is gorgeous (might be my color) it's one shade darker than the Ingot Silver.

-Soft close doors are nice, electronic door latches work perfect,  

-Interior much nicer than the Navigator (I have a 2018 Navigator Reserve). Leather softer, dash and doors sides a new material that really feels like leather.

-Cargo shade cover only covers behind the 3rd row, 

-Plenty of leg room and headroom in second row. I am 6'2" with really long legs.

-I really liked the mini console in second row

-Don't like the location of the wireless charging pad almost seemed like an after thought (in armrest storage on the side) unless Apple CarPlay or Google Car become wireless

-Not sold on the Air Suspension their Training guy liked it but it's not user adjustable it's all done with cameras and sonar to factory preset. Where we live most of our sidewalk are high and the Aviator w/Air Suspenion squats when you park it so I could see scraping the doors on the sidewalks which would happen everyday for us.

-Overall a beautiful car, feels really big inside, pre production model fit and finish outstanding, it's really the perfect size for our family.

-I am buying one :)

Sorry for any typos... I am tired.

I would need a cargo cover that go all way down to the second row...so I'd need an aftermarket one probably.

Also I'm buying one too (the plugin hybrid), I was cross shopping with the GLE 450 and Q8, but this is the best for the price.

8 hours ago, msm859 said:

I think it is just the IPhone apps, I just looked at it, I can do Messages, ITunes, Amazon Music and Pandora from the phone using the on screen controls.  When I get in it connects automatically and whatever I was listening to continues to play.  My Nav is accurate, the weather radar is spot on, what is the difference with car play?

4 hours ago, rothen said:

I would need a cargo cover that go all way down to the second row...so I'd need an aftermarket one probably.

Also I'm buying one too (the plugin hybrid), I was cross shopping with the GLE 450 and Q8, but this is the best for the price.

I was disappointed it doesn't go all the way to the second row but I really liked 99% of the car the other 1% I can live with :)