Full size Bronco mule?

4 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Hackett talked recently about a vehicle project going from market research to design/ developing 12 weeks instead of years, he didn’t elaborate further

I believe this may be the case. 

I heard back from my closest guy late last night and he was just as surprised as we were. However, it appears this has gone from blue sky to steel incredibly fast.

More interestingly... they are apparently comfortable investing heavily into the Bronco brand as a top-to-bottom competitor, not alternative, to Jeep. With FCA's current situation they want to be ready to pounce with any sign of trouble. 

Compact to Full-size with offroad chops in every model. 

They're investing in this "just as much as they are in Lincoln" as a "pillar of our company."

If you weren't already, it's time to get excited. 

Edited by PREMiERdrum
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, PREMiERdrum said:

I heard back from my closest guy late last night and he was just as surprised as we were. However, it appears this has gone from blue sky to steel incredibly fast. 

More interestingly... they are apparently comfortable investing heavily into the Bronco brand as a top-to-bottom competitor, not alternative, to Jeep. With FCA's current situation they want to be ready to pounce with any sign of trouble. 

They're investing in this "just as much as they are in Lincoln" as a "pillar of our company."

Thank you for the follow up intel.:)

The pieces of the puzzle are falling into place, it looks like hybrid may not be part of mid sized Bronco plans but, if a full sized Bronco is now becoming reality, then perhaps hybrids occurs on those vehicles via F150....that IMO, makes a heck of a lot more sense.

Maybe Jim Hackett falling in love with F150 was one of the best things to happen at Ford...

Edited by jpd80

17 hours ago, akirby said:

37976325-0D32-4610-B217-4C8934C25284.jpeg

Not really, as they're completely different vehicles.  That'd be like saying a Range Rover Evoque mule was a Range Rover Sport mule - they're both "Range Rovers" right?

11 hours ago, Chromey said:

Maybe we’ve got this all wrong.

The “leaked” images of the Maverick/Scout/Bronco-whatever, was widely assumed to be of a SUV/CUV based on an Escape sized platform and the silhouette of the larger Bronco behind the aforementioned vehicle was assumed to be based on the Ranger platform. What if the Maverick/Scout/Bronco-whatever is actually based on the Ranger and the Bronco that is represented in the silhouette is actually a full-sized F150 based vehicle?  A retro styled full size v8 Bronco would truly be a B__ A__ King Kong Beast that would blow everything else away.  Nothing else like it anywhere. Probably cost $70k...but may well be worth it!

Yah, I know. I’m crazy. But crazy is fun sometimes.  ?

No.  We already know Bronco is to be made at MAP alongside Ranger.

6 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Hackett talked recently about a vehicle project going from market research to design/ developing 12 weeks instead of years, he didn’t elaborate further

Seems odd that there's a business case for such a vehicle.  I'm assuming it'll have to have a 4 door model too?  Otherwise it's DOA.

1 minute ago, rmc523 said:

Not really, as they're completely different vehicles.  That'd be like saying a Range Rover Evoque mule was a Range Rover Sport mule - they're both "Range Rovers" right?

No.  We already know Bronco is to be made at MAP alongside Ranger.

Bronco is going to be a range of vehicles not just one vehicle.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, akirby said:

Bronco is going to be a range of vehicles not just one vehicle.

Yes I know.  You made my point/my point still stands.  They're not all the save VEHICLE.  Therefore, to call it a Bronco mule is to imply it's the midsize model when it's not, it's larger and on a completely different platform.  You can call it a "Bronco family" mule, or a Bronco "Max" (placeholder name) mule, but it's not a Bronco itself mule.

Edited by rmc523

1 minute ago, rmc523 said:

Yes I know.  My point still stands.  They're not all the save VEHICLE.

Starting to look that way for sure. A full-size “Bronco-Raptor” or whatever they call it is exactly what I am looking for. Retro styling or not doesn’t matter to me in the grand scheme of things. A Ranger based retro-looking Bronco to compete with a Wrangler would be ok too.  

So apparently we are getting the following:

Bronco Scout (based on the Escape)

Bronco (Based on the Ranger)

Bronco "Max" (based on the F-150)

though I'm still wondering since this is almost the same length WB wise as the Ranger based Bronco, that its not a Ranger frame with a F-150 body hacked up on it. 

As for the 12 week thing, I was under the impression (since I can't find the article now) that was for a entry level product...not whatever this is. 

Found the article

It's an example of how we're moving faster, working together differently and leveraging our five all-new flexible vehicle architectures," Ford said in a statement. "We came up with the concept in just 12 weeks using our new product creation process. Previous all-new vehicles could have taken years of research before receiving approval."

I guess its being applied to other products as well

https://www.autonews.com/future-product/ford-add-affordable-nameplate-2022

18 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

He said it wasn't greenlit at all. Nowhere to build it without sacrificing Expy/Navi production which they don't want to do. 

If it's a full sized Bronco based on the F-150 why wouldn't they just run a few down the line with F-150s in Dearborn or KC? I can't imagine this thing selling in huge numbers. Anyhow if it happens it would be really cool.

27 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

So apparently we are getting the following:

Bronco Scout (based on the Escape)

Bronco (Based on the Ranger)

Bronco "Max" (based on the F-150)

though I'm still wondering since this is almost the same length WB wise as the Ranger based Bronco, that its not a Ranger frame with a F-150 body hacked up on it. 

As for the 12 week thing, I was under the impression (since I can't find the article now) that was for a entry level product...not whatever this is. 

My problem is the width, though.  Let's see...

Ranger is 73.3" wide.

A regular F-150 is 79.9" wide

Raptor is 86.3" wide, +6.4" over the regular model

Assuming Bronco is the same width as Ranger (which it may grow slightly for the NG, and Bronco is on the NG platform), a Bronco Raptor could theoretically be 79.7, which is virtually the same width as the regular F-150, but still 6.6" narrower than the F-150 Raptor.  I don't see any reduced track width on that model, which appears to otherwise use a completely stock Raptor body (not a hacked up narrowed version).  The wheels aren't sitting way inside the wheel wells like they would if they were just hiding a Ranger platform under a F-150 body.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Where the hell do they intend to build all of these? 

• Haha 1

I just got a bit of help with this...wink

All you F150 guys,

take a good look at the front of this "F150" Mule, the grille in particular and tell me what's wrong with this picture.

Things look just a little "off" to me so,

spy-photos-possible-ford-bronco-mule-1.j

https://www.autoblog.com/photos/ford-f-150-single-cab-bronco-mule/#slide-7591617

i'm gonna change my answer to T6 2-Door bronco Rock Crawler Mule

Edited by jpd80

The only thing that has struck me as odd about it is that it's riding on a wheelbase that Ford doesn't make for the F150. It's also missing the Raptor's hood vents, but a Bronco mule wouldn't necessarily need them.

The grille looks like a normal F150 Raptor grille to me...

cq5dam.web.1440.1440.jpeg