Battery Size anyone?

5 hours ago, mustangchief said:

Has anyone seen what battery size was ordered for the Aviator.  With GT scheduling to begin soon, they have to have ordered the Batteries to fill commodity levels?   Ford keeps secrets better than the Government.  

Well the Euro version of the Explorer PHEV shows a 13.1 kWh battery - with similar hp so that is concerning.  While the Escape PHEV is listing a 14.4kWh battery - 10% larger.  Hopefully the Aviator will have something over 17kWh battery though the 450 hp would be low if the ICE is 400 hp - may have a detuned 365 hp ICE?  Should know within 60 days.

3 hours ago, msm859 said:

Well the Euro version of the Explorer PHEV shows a 13.1 kWh battery - with similar hp so that is concerning.  While the Escape PHEV is listing a 14.4kWh battery - 10% larger.  Hopefully the Aviator will have something over 17kWh battery though the 450 hp would be low if the ICE is 400 hp - may have a detuned 365 hp ICE?  Should know within 60 days.

I'm familiar with what everything else is getting.  Lincoln has been doing a great job separating the brand from its Ford Cousin.  Europe mileage tests for PEVs are less stringent than the US, so to get the same or better mileage it needs to be a bigger battery.  60 days is a little far out, we'll know by the 4th of July.  Commodities for Job 2 roll in after the break.  

4 hours ago, mustangchief said:

I'm familiar with what everything else is getting.  Lincoln has been doing a great job separating the brand from its Ford Cousin.  Europe mileage tests for PEVs are less stringent than the US, so to get the same or better mileage it needs to be a bigger battery.  60 days is a little far out, we'll know by the 4th of July.  Commodities for Job 2 roll in after the break.  

I hope you are right.  I have a problem seeing how they can have the same hp if the Aviator has a substantially larger battery.  The Euro Explorer comes with the 3.0 Eco ICE and is rated at 444 hp slightly less torque at 620 lb- ft. and a 25 mile range under the Euro cycle.  Would be nice for Lincoln to beat all of those specs.

9 hours ago, msm859 said:

I hope you are right.  I have a problem seeing how they can have the same hp if the Aviator has a substantially larger battery.  The Euro Explorer comes with the 3.0 Eco ICE and is rated at 444 hp slightly less torque at 620 lb- ft. and a 25 mile range under the Euro cycle.  Would be nice for Lincoln to beat all of those specs.

The announcement said more than 450HP and 600 ft lbs of torque.  It will have to be slightly more to meet that baseline on the engine average.  It will be plenty of power, just needs a little more spark juice.