Jump to content
  • Custom Search


ANTAUS

Ford Drops 325HP Fusion Sport

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, 351cid said:

We're not looking at a new Fusion because it's been minimally updated and now I can't find one with a 2.0L engine.  The 2.0 is mandatory. The 1.5L doesn't get it done for the wife. It's kind of weak after having a 2.0L for 6 years.

 

The dealers all say that the 2.0 requires awd in the SE, it's not available in the SEL, and it's standard in the Titanium; and no one is willing to pay what a Titanuim costs since Fusion is an orphan car. They all have Fusion S and Fusion SE's.

 

Ford really screwed the pooch on this whole "kill the cars" deal. 

 

The defenders will continue with "It just makes good business sense", but the reality is; it only makes sense on paper and not in reality or practicality.

The 2.0 is optional on both SEs and SELs and requires AWD (and vice versa).   Have you tried doing a dealer inventory search?

Ford screwed the pooch on the announcement but it's too early to tell whether the strategy is a bad business decision.   It all depends on what they produce instead of a new Fusion and how much profit it generates in comparison.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, akirby said:

The 2.0 is optional on both SEs and SELs and requires AWD (and vice versa).   Have you tried doing a dealer inventory search?

Ford screwed the pooch on the announcement but it's too early to tell whether the strategy is a bad business decision.   It all depends on what they produce instead of a new Fusion and how much profit it generates in comparison.  

 

I did 100-mile searches around both  Chicago and Detroit, not a single 2.0 (either one) SEL available. How many are in your area?

HRG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

I did 100-mile searches around both  Chicago and Detroit, not a single 2.0 (either one) SEL available. How many are in your area?

HRG

You won't see one with the 2.0NA because it doesn't exist. Base engine is the 2.5NA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 351cid said:

We're not looking at a new Fusion because it's been minimally updated and now I can't find one with a 2.0L engine.  The 2.0 is mandatory. The 1.5L doesn't get it done for the wife. It's kind of weak after having a 2.0L for 6 years.

 

The dealers all say that the 2.0 requires awd in the SE, it's not available in the SEL, and it's standard in the Titanium; and no one is willing to pay what a Titanuim costs since Fusion is an orphan car. They all have Fusion S and Fusion SE's.

 

Ford really screwed the pooch on this whole "kill the cars" deal. 

 

The defenders will continue with "It just makes good business sense", but the reality is; it only makes sense on paper and not in reality or practicality.

Much easier to find a Titanium FWD than an AWD  SE or SEL. Can get a Titanium FWD for same or cheaper than the AWD SEL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all.  In case it has not already been mentioned, just a hint/FYI for those looking for very particular features in a new Fusion and are not willing to settle for close enough: If you have the time to wait, why not factory order what you want? In this way, you get exactly what you want, the options you want, no equipment you don't want, in the color you want, etc, etc (within the limits of the Order Guide, of course). Your new car will arrive at the Dealership, be cleaned and prepped and you will be the first non-Ford/Dealer employee to drive it. It hasn't been sitting on the lot for 6 months or more, hasn't been test driven by god knows who, etc.

Dealers were originally limited in what they could order for Dealer stock, so many Dealers never caught up with their stock. So there are often not a lot of non-Hybrid Fusion choices out there.

And yes, I understand there are those who don't care to factory order for all their own reasons and I respect their choices. And I realize not everyone can wait and they want/need a car right now.  However, for those who can't find exactly what they want, can wait and/or did not know they could factory order (or were not told they could, perhaps because a Dealer hoped to clear out slow moving current stock), it is perfect.

I have factory ordered every one of my cars since 1981.

Hope this information helps and good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bbf2530 said:

I have factory ordered every one of my cars since 1981.

Exactly....except for my wife who buys the stuff off the lot-all my cars have been ordered to my specs, so I get exactly what I want. If they have something on the lot in the future that matches what I want, I'll buy it, but more often then not they don't-then again that might change with the way they are putting packages in cars these days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

You won't see one with the 2.0NA because it doesn't exist. Base engine is the 2.5NA.

He was referring to the 2.0LEB.   He said the 1.5LEB was too weak.

Titaniums or anything with the 2.0LEB seem to be very rare, so why not just order what you want?  You'll get the same price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, akirby said:

He was referring to the 2.0LEB.   He said the 1.5LEB was too weak.

Titaniums or anything with the 2.0LEB seem to be very rare, so why not just order what you want?  You'll get the same price.

just to clarify, per the latest Order Guide dated 10/1/2018, the 2.0 is no longer available on the SEL, AWD or not.

HRG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HotRunrGuy said:

just to clarify, per the latest Order Guide dated 10/1/2018, the 2.0 is no longer available on the SEL, AWD or not.

HRG

I believe AWD is available only with the 2.0 EB so the SEL must be FWD only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, akirby said:

He was referring to the 2.0LEB.   He said the 1.5LEB was too weak.

Titaniums or anything with the 2.0LEB seem to be very rare, so why not just order what you want?  You'll get the same price.

He said either one 🤷🏼‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly I don't understand why anyone would buy a new Fusion, unless you were getting an Energi with all the rebates. You can get a 2 year old platinum for 18K with 20K miles on it,(https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/765918353/overview/) toss on the Ford 8 year 150K ESP warranty and you're still out the door for ~20K+tax and don't have to worry about anything for the next 6 years other than tires.  Can Find Titanium's and SE way cheaper than that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×