Ordered 2020 Corsair

Hope it arrives sooner that you though and it give you many carefree miles.

Eyes are getting old, I thought it caption read "Ordered a 2020 Corvair'.  ?  <-- laughing at my mistake, not the car you've purchased. 

I try to keep mine for 7-10 years before trading, otherwise I'd be tempted for a new Lincoln.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/6/2019 at 10:52 PM, T-dubz said:

when should the Corsair start showing up on dealer lots? Usually customer orders come in after the dealer gets a few cars right? 

According to my local Lincoln dealer website, they have two on the ground...haven't gone over to look, but this coming Thursday, I have to stop to pick up some parts for my truck, I'll look then...

23 minutes ago, twintornados said:

According to my local Lincoln dealer website, they have two on the ground...haven't gone over to look, but this coming Thursday, I have to stop to pick up some parts for my truck, I'll look then...

Corsairs?  Or are you thinking Aviators?

Oh wow.  A local dealer has some in their site too.  I didn't realize they were so close to being out there already.

Edited by rmc523

24 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Corsairs?  Or are you thinking Aviators?

Oh wow.  A local dealer has some in their site too.  I didn't realize they were so close to being out there already.

Nope, Corsair....I'll snap a pic when I get there, but def two on their website (and it doesn't say "in transit" either) 

On 6/3/2019 at 9:47 PM, jniffen said:

Hope it arrives sooner that you though and it give you many carefree miles.

Eyes are getting old, I thought it caption read "Ordered a 2020 Corvair'.  ?  <-- laughing at my mistake, not the car you've purchased. 

I try to keep mine for 7-10 years before trading, otherwise I'd be tempted for a new Lincoln.

Thought the same thing at first, might need glasses for the computer too.

11.jpg

Edited by lethaldusk
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

How's it going on this one? It's 9-25 today, and as far as I know, there's no Corsairs on the ground yet! ?

I did notice that yesterday on 9-24 that the some things have changed, been added and have been fixed to the Corsair configurator. One of the problems I was seeing was that selecting a interior color would not change the picture displayed. I noticed this across my iPads and Microsoft Surface so I don't think it was just me.... but anyway, I finally got to see the black interior with the wood strip across the top. This is exactly what I'd order if I had my say, although this would be a wife car.

I looked at 15 different dealers around where I live within a 400 miles radius (around Portland) and there was only 3 dealers who even had ANY Corsairs on order. All were in transit obviously since there were no pictures. Fortunately, the dealer nearest me has 2 on order, but bums me out they are not the colors we'd pic nor are they the bigger 2.3, of which is mandatory for my wife's lead foot. ?

This is the first Lincoln I've ever been interested in. I think they must have let the old guys retire or shot them at sunrise awhile back and finally seeing some changes for the good. I really excited about the Corsair, great mama-bear size. Wife would never go for a Aviator, too big. Love the new interior look - it looks different and refreshing. Bummed there won't be any Black Label models as if there was I'd LOVE it if I had the the option to choose between the Thorougbred theme that the Nautilus has or the Destination theme the Avaitor has... ?

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, PBD said:

Taking delivery of my Corsair tomorrow.

Great news! I am really curious to know how you like it, and how different it looks in person as compared to pics. The wife and I learned the Nautilus looks totally different (better!) in real life than it does in the pics. And it looks different and size seems to change as you go around the car, really weird, but cool.

• 5 weeks later...

The car is great.  The technology works very well.  The only negative is that I ordered wheel locks.  Lincoln tells me that the wheel locks for the Corsair do not fit.  Today they told me that they do not have a solution and will be refunding my $75.  They also informed me that they will continue to work on a solution and contact me when found.

I and the Corsair ceramic coated last week and the finish looks wonderful.  Pricey but, I believe that it will be worth the expense.

That's great. Love that interior. Did you get the 2.0 or the 2.3? Curious to know how powerful it feels if you got the slightly bigger engine. It just was too small and low for the wife when we saw it. Down the road though.... I may consider the PHEV version off lease for me. It would be a perfect size car for me and all the errands I do. Right about then my CPO warranty will expire on my ELR.