• Custom Search

ford-boy

Is there a site that posts Ranger sales each month?

2 hours ago, 70 Stang said:

The new truck is 8 inches longer in wheelbase and length than the 04-08 truck.

Only on the Supercrews (6 inches in wheelbase, 8 in length).  Regular cabs are actually shorter and Supercabs are the same.

20 minutes ago, akirby said:

Only on the Supercrews (6 inches in wheelbase, 8 in length).  Regular cabs are actually shorter and Supercabs are the same.

The Supercabs are identical in wheelbase and length as the Supercrews.

2 hours ago, 70 Stang said:

The Supercabs are identical in wheelbase and length as the Supercrews.

They are on the current ones (13th gen).  They were not the same on the 04-08 11th gen.

Wheelbases (04-08)

Wheelbase 126 in (3,200 mm) (Regular cab 6.5' box)
133 in (3,378 mm) (SuperCab 5.5' box)
139 in (3,531 mm) (SuperCrew 5.5' box)
145 in (3,683 mm) (SuperCab 6.5' box and Regular cab 8' box)
151 in (3,835 mm) (SuperCrew 6.5' box)
163 in (4,140 mm) (SuperCab 8' box)

45 minutes ago, akirby said:

They are on the current ones (13th gen).  They were not the same on the 04-08 11th gen.

True.....and that is what I meant. I was speaking more of the Supercrew since that is what I have.....but driving dynamics are quite different between what I have now and the 05 I used to have. Tight parking or a parking deck means taking my wife's car if at all possible.....that's the part I don't like. Offering the Supercab with the 5.5' box again would be better.....but maybe to much to ask. I understand this way there are less combinations of materials needed.

51 minutes ago, 70 Stang said:

True.....and that is what I meant. I was speaking more of the Supercrew since that is what I have.....but driving dynamics are quite different between what I have now and the 05 I used to have. Tight parking or a parking deck means taking my wife's car if at all possible.....that's the part I don't like. Offering the Supercab with the 5.5' box again would be better.....but maybe to much to ask. I understand this way there are less combinations of materials needed.

I have the supercab 6.5.  I don’t like the way the SC looks with the 5.5 and I wanted the extra length for hauling lumber.

The ride height is the only significant difference between pickup trucks now and the 1980s.

In the old days, 2WD pickup trucks didn't have the kind of suspension lift they do now. Things started to change in the early 2000s when fuel economy started to be footprint based so every car company started selling 2WD trucks with extra lift and suspension travel that were previously only fitted to 4WD.

You can google images of overseas T6 Ranger 2WD with low suspension... it looks tiny compare to the US spec one which only comes with lifted suspension (low-rider suspension is standard on single cab, and hi-rider suspension is standard on double cab on rest of the world Ranger 2WD).

Same thing with Tacoma... until 2015, you could get 2WD Tacoma with "normal" suspension. Now every Tacoma ships with lifts that were previously standard ride height on 4WD.

I think Ford last offered a low riding 2WD F-150 in 2004?

GM was the last one to offer a low riding fullsize. You could have bought a Silverado with short suspension as recent as 2010 I believe.

edit: Ranger low-rider vs. hi-rider

Ford-Ranger-Utility-2015-1.jpgFord-Ranger-SuperCabUtility-2015-1-(1).j

Edited by bzcat