Is there a site that posts Ranger sales each month?

Wheelbases (04-08)

Wheelbase 126 in (3,200 mm) (Regular cab 6.5' box)
133 in (3,378 mm) (SuperCab 5.5' box)
139 in (3,531 mm) (SuperCrew 5.5' box)
145 in (3,683 mm) (SuperCab 6.5' box and Regular cab 8' box)
151 in (3,835 mm) (SuperCrew 6.5' box)
163 in (4,140 mm) (SuperCab 8' box)

45 minutes ago, akirby said:

They are on the current ones (13th gen).  They were not the same on the 04-08 11th gen.

True.....and that is what I meant. I was speaking more of the Supercrew since that is what I have.....but driving dynamics are quite different between what I have now and the 05 I used to have. Tight parking or a parking deck means taking my wife's car if at all possible.....that's the part I don't like. Offering the Supercab with the 5.5' box again would be better.....but maybe to much to ask. I understand this way there are less combinations of materials needed.

51 minutes ago, 70 Stang said:

True.....and that is what I meant. I was speaking more of the Supercrew since that is what I have.....but driving dynamics are quite different between what I have now and the 05 I used to have. Tight parking or a parking deck means taking my wife's car if at all possible.....that's the part I don't like. Offering the Supercab with the 5.5' box again would be better.....but maybe to much to ask. I understand this way there are less combinations of materials needed.

I have the supercab 6.5.  I don’t like the way the SC looks with the 5.5 and I wanted the extra length for hauling lumber.

The ride height is the only significant difference between pickup trucks now and the 1980s.

In the old days, 2WD pickup trucks didn't have the kind of suspension lift they do now. Things started to change in the early 2000s when fuel economy started to be footprint based so every car company started selling 2WD trucks with extra lift and suspension travel that were previously only fitted to 4WD.

You can google images of overseas T6 Ranger 2WD with low suspension... it looks tiny compare to the US spec one which only comes with lifted suspension (low-rider suspension is standard on single cab, and hi-rider suspension is standard on double cab on rest of the world Ranger 2WD).

Same thing with Tacoma... until 2015, you could get 2WD Tacoma with "normal" suspension. Now every Tacoma ships with lifts that were previously standard ride height on 4WD.

I think Ford last offered a low riding 2WD F-150 in 2004?

GM was the last one to offer a low riding fullsize. You could have bought a Silverado with short suspension as recent as 2010 I believe.

edit: Ranger low-rider vs. hi-rider

Ford-Ranger-Utility-2015-1.jpgFord-Ranger-SuperCabUtility-2015-1-(1).j

Edited by bzcat
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, T-dubz said:

first video of the black appearance package I could find. I think it looks pretty good and would definitely be the package I’d get on the ranger.

Looks good, and would be the package I would choose too. 

On 6/22/2019 at 6:16 AM, HotRunrGuy said:

OK, getting back to sales numbers, with a little over a week to go in June, any bet's on whether Ranger get's past 10K?

Fuzzy, how's the workload been?

HRG

Last month was 7,700 odd with increasing inventory and more actual stock at dealers, so maybe ~9K in June? but what is interesting is that Colorado sales started dipping as Ranger's increased, could be a coincidence but may be worth looking at in figures next few days. You guys will se quarterly but if we get individual month break out on Ranger, some one will post later this week. :wink.

14 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Last month was 7,700 odd with increasing inventory and more actual stock at dealers, so maybe ~9K in June? but what is interesting is that Colorado sales started dipping as Ranger's increased, could be a coincidence but may be worth looking at in figures next few days. You guys will se quarterly but if we get individual month break out on Ranger, some one will post later this week. :wink.

I just saw some posts over on the Ranger forum with some pretty good incentives including rebates, lease specials and low interest financing so I think think around 9k in June is possible. If they throw enough cash on the hood sales should improve. The Ranger is a good little truck, but it's nothing so special that it'll sell well without discounting.

1 hour ago, 2005Explorer said:

I just saw some posts over on the Ranger forum with some pretty good incentives including rebates, lease specials and low interest financing so I think think around 9k in June is possible. If they throw enough cash on the hood sales should improve. The Ranger is a good little truck, but it's nothing so special that it'll sell well without discounting.

Keep in mind that those incentives are mostly on vehicles that are mostly high series crew cabs, the earyl builds were mostly that, so yeah they offer a give back and buyers feel like it’s a great deal. Sales must surely be at least 80% crew cabs even now with more supers and XLs out there.

also as Fuzzy mentioned earlier the 20 model may have a bit more on offer so maybe dealers figure it’s time to get stock moving 

Edited by jpd80

So far my Ranger is my favorite new vehicle I’ve ever gotten, however there are a few things they need to improve on with the assembly. Today I decided to give it a waxing and the paint job on the roof has a few imperfections like something was stuck to the sheet metal when the paint was applied. They are small and it’s the roof so you don’t really notice it, but I think one should expect a perfect paint job in 2019 on a 40k vehicle.

19 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

It's worth it just for the bed liner and running boards alone IMO. The rest I could take it or leave it. 

I like the Magnetic accents on the FX4 better.  Not big on the shiny black, looks plasticy...  Of course I have a Magnetic Ranger, so that may have something to do with it. 

Mine being all gray isn't quite murdered out...more like "assault-and-batteried out"?

16 minutes ago, Anthony said:

I like the Magnetic accents on the FX4 better.  Not big on the shiny black, looks plasticy...  Of course I have a Magnetic Ranger, so that may have something to do with it. 

Mine being all gray isn't quite murdered out...more like "assault-and-batteried out"?

I agree I generally prefer body colored accents (especially Mirror caps) but I can live with black. I need to see one in person but the black grille on a hot pepper red body looks weird to me and I'm not generally a fan of the wheels but I could live with it. If it bothers me that much I could always go aftermarket and use the factory ones for winter tires or something like that. 

13 hours ago, 2005Explorer said:

12 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Keep in mind that those incentives are mostly on vehicles that are mostly high series crew cabs, the earyl builds were mostly that, so yeah they offer a give back and buyers feel like it’s a great deal. Sales must surely be at least 80% crew cabs even now with more supers and XLs out there.

also as Fuzzy mentioned earlier the 20 model may have a bit more on offer so maybe dealers figure it’s time to get stock moving 

Get ready boys, June 2019 sales Colorado....8,549.....sales are definitely slowing down,

Canyon  3,964 about normal.