Is there a site that posts Ranger sales each month?

I've seen three Rangers on the road as many days since Saturday-Saw an Orange one and two Magnetic ones-though the magnetic one might be the same truck I saw in two different places-since I saw it yesterday afternoon and saw the same color truck at work today. Both where seen within 10 mile radius. 

I saw my second one in the wild yesterday since I got mine back in April. A guy has a base XL with steel wheels in my town and I've seen it a couple times. Yesterday I saw an out of State red XLT SuperCrew that was towing a small enclosed trailer which appeared to have motorcycles in it by the outside markings at the gas station.

4 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I've had about the same amount of issues with both of mine so far all of which are parts issues, not general assembly problems. And that's including a bad strut on both! 

Let's see - I don't remember any trim/assembly issues on daughter's 2012 Focus.  Had to replace the TCM under warranty though.

On the 2013 Fusion which was built about 2 months after job 1, the cover for the wires above the rear view mirror was missing, a trim piece had to be glued back on around the passenger door.  The tweeter covers in the front doors were loose and rattled.  The gas tank had to be replaced and the replacement had a loose baffle that rattled when it was completely full of fuel.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2019 at 2:06 AM, fuzzymoomoo said:

I've had about the same amount of issues with both of mine so far all of which are parts issues, not general assembly problems. And that's including a bad strut on both! 

The only assembly issue I see on my Ranger is fit and finish as far as body panels go could use some improvement. Front and back door seam on the drivers side at the B pillar is a bit off. The hood is flush on the passenger fender, but overhangs ever so slightly on the drivers side. I'm not concerned enough to put it into a body shop to try and fix it, but it's noticeable enough it should have been caught by a quality control inspector.

Do we know how many rangers a month ford expected to sell? Curious if they are meeting or exceeding expectations.

also does anyone know if they have started building the black appearance package yet? I’ve been trying to find pics besides the ones ford provided and I haven’t had any luck finding any.

2 hours ago, T-dubz said:

Do we know how many rangers a month ford expected to sell? Curious if they are meeting or exceeding expectations.

also does anyone know if they have started building the black appearance package yet? I’ve been trying to find pics besides the ones ford provided and I haven’t had any luck finding any.

I hope so soon, I want one 

11 hours ago, T-dubz said:

I don't think Ford ever publicly stated what their first-year goal would be.  I see May sales topped 7,000 units.  I expect they'd be happy if it hit 10,000/month by summer's end.

On 6/4/2019 at 10:32 AM, Kev-Mo said:

Ranger not making any conquests here...as anyone who knows the mentality of the Toyota buyer knew all along.

It's the mentality of pickup truck buyers. Lots of blind loyalty, more than with other vehicle types. 2019 U.S. Ranger is designed for Ford loyalists (sheeple) like me. There's nothing about Ford Ranger that would get somebody who already owns a Toyota Tacoma to switch. Or Chevy Colorado owners. Or Honda Ridgeline owners.

Speaking of 2019 Ranger, my Ford dealership told me that the Ranger I pre-ordered arrived yesterday and sent a few photos. It's a white XLT SuperCab with package 301A. I'm heading there this afternoon to take delivery! :happyfeet:

ranger1.jpg

ranger2.jpg

ranger3.jpg

ranger5.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/7/2019 at 11:56 PM, T-dubz said:

Back in January, Kumar Galhotra said that "about 300,000 consumers already have indicated plans" to purchase a 2019 Ranger. But that's just Ford PR fluff. Sales will probably peak at 10k to 12k a month this year. https://www.autonews.com/manufacturing/ford-adding-overtime-ranger-production-first-month-sales-hit-1200

20 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

It's the mentality of pickup truck buyers. Lots of blind loyalty, more than with other vehicle types. 2019 U.S. Ranger is designed for Ford loyalists (sheeple) like me. There's nothing about Ford Ranger that would get somebody who already owns a Toyota Tacoma to switch. Or Chevy Colorado owners. Or Honda Ridgeline owners.

Speaking of 2019 Ranger, my Ford dealership told me that the Ranger I pre-ordered arrived yesterday and sent a few photos. It's a white XLT SuperCab with package 301A. I'm heading there this afternoon to take delivery! :happyfeet:

ranger1.jpg

ranger2.jpg

ranger3.jpg

ranger5.jpg

Nice looking Fleet special...LOL

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rperez817 said:

ranger1.jpg

ranger2.jpg

ranger3.jpg

ranger5.jpg

Congrats on the new ride!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rperez817 said:

ranger1.jpg

ranger2.jpg

ranger3.jpg

ranger5.jpg

Congrats!  Your patience paid off.   I like the 'optic white' -and the old school bright wheels.  Not a fan of the blacked out wheel look.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akirby said:

It's a good thing they're fleet dumping!

?

Now if only Ford could give me fleet pricing. ? The new '19 Ranger will be used for the landscaping and lawn care business my family and I operate. But we're not big enough to buy 5 or more vehicles for the business, which is what Ford requires for a FIN code. Just 1 truck.

Just kidding of course, I'm very happy with Ford offering a Ranger to U.S. customers, happy with the team at my dealer (Autonation Ford Fort Worth), and happy with the price I paid for the truck.

Thanks everyone for the congratulations, my sons are about to drive the Ranger home in about an hour. 

Edited by rperez817

38 minutes ago, 630land said:

The latest "official" news was for Fusion to continue into 2021 calendar year. From Automotive News. [AutoWeek]

Regarding Ranger, its about same size as a 1980 F series.

Um, no it’s not.

7th gen F150 is 79” wide and almost as big as today’s version. If anything, the T6 Ranger is about Sport Trac size.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, akirby said:

People think the older F100s and F150s were a lot smaller but they're really not that much smaller than the current F150.

I agree.....no way the Ranger is close to older F150, but the F150 has grown recently. The new truck is 8 inches longer in wheelbase and length than the 04-08 truck. To me, it negatively affects the drivability......but it looks like I'm in the minority on this. I do wish they would offer the SC with the 5'6" bed again......other than the Raptor.

13 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

It's because the newer trucks stand a little taller than the old ones. 

1 hour ago, 70 Stang said:

I agree.....no way the Ranger is close to older F150, but the F150 has grown recently. The new truck is 8 inches longer in wheelbase and length than the 04-08 truck. To me, it negatively affects the drivability......but it looks like I'm in the minority on this. I do wish they would offer the SC with the 5'6" bed again......other than the Raptor.

The other thing to consider is the popularity of Super Crew and SuperCab F-150s as they have been bought as replacement vehicles for sedans and whatnot-which most defiantly bigger then the old standard cab and extended cab F-150s from the 1980s