2020 Ford Mustang EcoBoost High Performance Package costs $4,995

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.autoblog.com/amp/2019/05/28/2020-ford-mustang-ecoboost-high-performance-package-price/&ved=2ahUKEwi55frW3r_iAhWtc98KHa5jBaMQiJQBMAB6BAgEEAQ&usg=AOvVaw0EVI1QuzZryIkIvaVubh7f&ampcf=1

The 2020 Ford Mustang EcoBoost High Performance Package ports the Focus RS engine to America's favorite pony car. The custom-tuned 2.3-liter turbocharged four-cylinder comes up short of full Focus RS horsepower, but still bumps the Mustang up by 20 ponies to 330 hp, while torque holds steady at 350 pound-feet. CarsDirect found the price for the package will be $4,995, and writes that a 2020 Mustang EcoBoost Fastback will cost $32,760 after destination. 

Edited by blwnsmoke

I do think the $4,995 price for EcoBoost High Performance Package is actually worth it considering the overall packaging of the performance to the EcoBoost trim. Even with just 20 more horsepower and same torque, still a good price for a performance model.

A performance street truck isn't going to happen unless things dramatically change in the market, electric is probably the only option for one to come back. They perform worse than a performance Car/SUV, have less hauling/towing ability than a truck. Have less practicality than a SUV. On top the price point that Ford would need to charge they wouldn't sell very many of them. It is the reason why everyone has gone to off road type vehicles. Look at the failure then Tremor was, there is a reason why it hasn't come back.

1 hour ago, jasonj80 said:

A performance street truck isn't going to happen unless things dramatically change in the market, electric is probably the only option for one to come back. They perform worse than a performance Car/SUV, have less hauling/towing ability than a truck. Have less practicality than a SUV. On top the price point that Ford would need to charge they wouldn't sell very many of them. It is the reason why everyone has gone to off road type vehicles. Look at the failure then Tremor was, there is a reason why it hasn't come back.

Tremor was also a regular cab when the vast majority of pickup sales are crew cabs now, so it was behind the 8 ball from the get-go.

2 hours ago, jasonj80 said:

There's a reason FCA hasn't stuck a hellcat into a RAM 1500 yet....

2 hours ago, jasonj80 said:

I've been waiting for a Gen 3 Lightning, with a boosted V8. I didn't buy the Tremor because it didn't offer any real performance gains over my 13 5.0 RCSB. The EB 3.5 Doomed that truck. Finally traded my F150 on an 18 Mustang GT/A10. I gave up on Ford building a real sport truck for the street.