It`s Gettin Close

Decker

1 hour ago, Decker said:

https://www.labornotes.org/2019/06/why-uaw-lost-again-chattanooga

Definitely a different view of the results than our IUAW want to talk about.

WTF?Where was Billy-Bob and Peggy-Sue,they was sappose to roasting a pig outside the plant!Seriously,what bugs me is the FACT that the workers at the VW Plant are benefitting just from the threat of UAW representation.I guess its all up to Fatso this summer.Let me show ya`ll how its done!!!!!!!

13 hours ago, Decker said:

Hannall it Fatso!!! Showum how it be done!!!!

these MOTHER FUCKERS need a STRIKE and imma tell you why.Those mother fuckers go in there and negotiate themselves money outta our hard work and dedication ,while granting concessions upon concessions and it aint just money its things the company can do at the local level.The Company will do to us whatever the union will allow them to get away with even beyond the contract.The pensioners have not had an increase in Life Income Benefits for 15 fucking years that alone saved the company millions.INCREASE THE L.I.B.Trades are pressured to supply tools like we are an outside contractor.TOOLING ALLOWANCE.Then there is the matter of the tiered payroll structure.ONE PAY RATE FOR ALL IN THE SAME CLASSIFICATION.Thats it for now its 4:50 am and I gotta go start my shift.Those mother fuckers gonna go in there and first thing,first thing,is negotiate for themselves.Anybody see any Feds hanging around?

22 hours ago, Fatso said:

WTF?Where was Billy-Bob and Peggy-Sue,they was sappose to roasting a pig outside the plant!Seriously,what bugs me is the FACT that the workers at the VW Plant are benefitting just from the threat of UAW representation.I guess its all up to Fatso this summer.Let me show ya`ll how its done!!!!!!!

In the 90's the UAW stated they were going to focus on auto suppliers where it was much easier to organize and we get a much better return on the 10's of millions of dollars spent on organizing.

How many time are we going to attempt to organize assembly plants that clearly do not want to be union? With the FCA / UAW scandal it looks like we need to get our act together before we tell companies how they should treat their workers and how they should spend their money.

We need to fix the perception of Unions, in the south, then convince them to join. As long as the plants in the south have the same pay and benefits as we do they figure why should I join. Some of the transplants currently pay more than the big 3. Our tier 2 workers make much less than many of the transplants and their cost of living in the south is much lower.

16 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Neither can Flat Rock. 

It's a moot point anyway, they already have a tentative agreement.

Union Members just gotta stick together and stop being so spineless and compliant.COLA brought back.VEBA fully funded.New Work for plants and above all else NO more concessions.If you see Bob King tell him to disappear.

This contract let’s get something for the retirees who had the strength, courage, and fortitude to go out on strike to get us most of the benefits we have today. The last company wide strike was in 1976. Most of us have never been on strike. We have only enjoyed the benefits our Grandfathers and Fathers fought for. Let’s demand that our contracts go back to 3 years in length and that are retirees are given more than a $50.00 a year Christmas bonus. 

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 8:59 PM, fmco76 said:

This contract let’s get something for the retirees who had the strength, courage, and fortitude to go out on strike to get us most of the benefits we have today. The last company wide strike was in 1976. Most of us have never been on strike. We have only enjoyed the benefits our Grandfathers and Fathers fought for. Let’s demand that our contracts go back to 3 years in length and that are retirees are given more than a $50.00 a year Christmas bonus. 

The Lifetime Income Benefit amount has not been raised in 15 years,that alone saved Ford 'millions'.I would not count on anything for retirees,we are divided now.The truth has always been that a Ford Pension is not the best financially.The major plus for Ford retirees is healthcare benefits which the Company hates to pay.I agree with your comment and I am hoping for the best but I would say that fully funding the VEBA would be my first priority.

12 hours ago, Ididntdoit said:

I think we have some of the issues worked out, not all. We're finally off the short work weeks, but no telling what we'll come back to in two weeks. I would love for them to word the contract for a 3 shift plant or cut the useless 3rd shift. 

Funny how a VP visit can fix things :hat_tip:

they thought they fixed it, but no we're back on short work week. We can only produce so many cause everything is full, running out of places to put'em since they can't ship'em. The new billion dollar machines are not water proof, fixing the roof instead of installing big ass fans would of been a smarter move. Hope these wires are water proof. 

To me UAW has so much to prove this contract, they have done nothing but let members down for the past decade. They need to prove their worth to us members. CAP one of the biggest plants and we don't even have a local, we have UAW stand ins. They look the part but do nothing to support members. They act like you're bothering them when you come to them with an issue if you can actually find one, they only work days for a short period never to be found after 6 pm. I don't even call on them anymore, I'm capable to address any issue I come across myself without union rep. because that's what usually ends up happening. I call for a rep and if they are even in the building they show up and shrug it off with " they can do that" " or I don't see an issue"  but after 20+ I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2 so I'm able to explain the contract language to our rep to help him help me. So why exactly do we continue to support a union that is failing us? 

If you had missed this in the paper a few weeks back, it may put a different feeling about the "Team", "Negotiators" and "Solidarity" thingy when you see the pretty little outfits all the IUAW Rep`s are wearing...

"One of Impression Specialty Advertising's chief rivals for trinkets and trash contracts is Jason Gordon. The Huntington Woods businessman is president of several companies, including Custom Promotions, Idea Consultants and Organization Services of Michigan."

"Custom Promotions and Organization Services have received more than $2.6 million from the UAW and its political action fund since 2013. It is unclear how much, if anything, Gordon's companies have received from the training centers. Gordon's lawyer Christopher Andreoff declined comment."

"Custom Promotions' trinkets occasionally play prominent roles in helping the UAW project the image of solidarity. In 2015, UAW negotiators were at the bargaining table with Detroit's automakers. The union's negotiators and Fiat Chrysler executives attended the ceremonial handshake ceremony wearing dark blue polo shirts. Even Fiat Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne, known for his trademark sweaters, wore one."

"Custom Promotions sold $19,806 worth of polo shirts (not trinkets or trash) for the 2015 negotiations and $16,876 worth of negotiation jackets, according to the UAW's annual financial filing." (that means "we" made sure the kids looked good on the first day negotiations)

"During the ceremonial handshake between UAW and Ford leaders in 2015, Williams and his bargaining committee members appeared in matching dark-colored blazers with a gold UAW lapel pin over polo shirts that featured mini UAW logos on the collar. According to financial filings, the UAW bought $20,464 worth of jackets from Custom Promotions for the union's bargaining committee members."

"Macomb County businessman Eric Flynn also provided documents and testimony in front of the federal grand jury investigating auto industry corruption."

"The Tonic Events executive told The News he changed his Chesterfield Township production company’s name and split with a partner after becoming embroiled in the corruption scandal. "It's a whole new Tonic," Flynn, 54, told The News in an interview."

"Flynn said he testified in front of the federal grand jury after being subpoenaed in late 2015 or early 2016. Flynn’s company counted Fiat Chrysler and the UAW-Chrysler National Training Center as clients, producing training videos, commercials and vehicle launches. Tonic also produced embroidered shirts. “We never got into the keychains and s--- like that,” Flynn told The News. (Ever get “shit like that.. keychain, from a IUAW member? Feel lucky did ya?) Then, UAW Vice President Norwood Jewell had a coming-out party at the training center in August 2014."

"Fiat Chrysler executives spent $30,000 in worker training funds on the party, a bash that included “ultra-premium” liquor and strolling models who lit labor leaders’ cigars, according to prosecutors. The party favors were bottles of wine with custom labels featuring Jewell’s name. “We were hired by the UAW to throw that party for Norwood Jewell,” Flynn said in an interview with The News. “The champagne and cigars were from us.”

"Fiat Chrysler paid the $30,000 tab with money that was supposed to help train blue-collar workers, prosecutors alleged in court records."

Wonder how snazzy they will look at the back pattin, butt rubbin customary start of their walk towards our BEST WE COULD GET - YOU ALL SHOULD BE HAPPY YOU`S HAVE A JOB.... contract :hat_tip:

Hmmm $30grand coming out party? That's a lot to exit the closet, you think?

Edited by Decker

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/07/billy-cowart-uaw-worker-ccw-carrier-not-guilty-back-pay-back-to-work/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#axzz5sazIQqzE

Zero tolerance? Elected official attacks a member and was shot for it yet still able to hold his position and re elected. There's a conflict here where union officials are given a pass and other members are not. 

1 hour ago, Decker said:

I heard that Fatso. 

Anyone notice how all the locals that have been voting the piss poor contracts down have for the last two "NO" votes been working more than every other "YES" vote locals....

I think you should take off the foil hat on that one...

seeing how Saline got a great contract shoved down their throat, and those UAW nurses were so pleased with their sell out contract at Mercy I have such great expectations in our bargaining thugs to bring us the best deal ever. When you have bargaining units that will literally take a bullet for you what can go wrong?