It`s Gettin Close

Decker

Cecil, we went to one shift production from a two shift production back a few years ago and there wasn`t any incentives offered specific to the loss a complete shift of production. 

Ididntdoit you are so right. I heard, if you don't have 20 years of service by the new contract you will be on indefinite lay off starting the 16 of Sept. They say, only FMLA registered members and those that are pregnant with daddies in the union will get all the overtime. Lets not forget someone told me that all members with 20 years or more will be asked if they will let a lower seniority member work in their place and Ford will pay the 20 year plus members $350,000.00 and 2 new units of their choice and a full 30 year retirement benefit and a couple free entrance passes to the Henry Ford Museum for life. 

Sorry Ididntdoit I just couldn't resist...… ?

One thing for sure all this silly shit has been going on for ever. I hired in on the 2nd of Sept and on the 5th of Sept it started..... I heard - they said - and someone told me.... "they" are closing the plant. That started 43 years ago this September. 

Hang in there Ididntdoit you are going to be worked like a young strong horse and then put up wet. But.... the checks will continue being dropped in your account. I heard you will be depositing a $25,000.00 signing bonus toooo 

Edited by Decker

Some of the things you post are pretty realistic, but right now you sound like one of the flakes we got campaigning for re election. 

The only ones who don't believe  C crew will end soon are those with no time or running for office. I personally don't care either way like majority of the legacy I work with we are looking for that exit plan.

I don't know how it doesn't make sense, interceptors aren't being ordered with the emissions problems, lincolns competeing with it's self don't really see those orders flying anytime soon. Unless theres a new product to start within the next year coming with this new contract to justify 3 shifts. I see them make an offer for a target amount of legacy with pensions and if those numbers aren't reached then they cut TPT STS and so on CAP returns to the 2 shift 5 day work weeks. Not a rumor just how it normally works.

If I was to spread rumors it would be about the Ford GM merger and how it would make pensions complicated or something. After a couple decades you should be able to filter through the rumors and know when you smell campaign BS promises.

46 minutes ago, Ididntdoit said:

lincolns competeing with it's self 

You're either clueless to what the market is doing or just plain dumb. Godawful grammar aside, this statement makes absolutely no sense on top of the other nonsense from that paragraph. 

8 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

You're either clueless to what the market is doing or just plain dumb. Godawful grammar aside, this statement makes absolutely no sense on top of the other nonsense from that paragraph. 

you should run for the union, you'll make a good "yes" man

Fuzzy one of our members at CAP is showing his the union shit on me side...…(believe me I`ve had that treatment) and the I`m going to post old news on the web side to get some silly reactions. 

Ididntdoit look around we aren't barely out of MP2 and we are building "export" units that, those like you said we weren`t going to do. We are scheduled to start exports shipping to the port as soon as Ok to Shit is announced.  (Monday) The 611 is going to yep, (and members like you said wasn`t going to happen) China and Russia. I heard members like you tell members that China or South America is where 611 would be built. Hey ididntdoit do you have a clue of the profit margin on a 80K 611 when it rolls off the boat in China or the Middle East or for that matter Russia? At last count there 62 designations out there in the world that the fruits of your labor will end up. 

Now lets talk 625. Oh shit the exhaust!!!! leaks... the exhaust leaks!!!!!! (problem solved last model year) this like the airing of a commercial by the second or third place truck seller`s about OH MY GOODNESS Ford is selling an aluminum truck!!!! The bed gets dents!!!! Dam if our 625 orders never lost a percentage point in sales during the stinkfest and those dam F150 and F250`s went up 3.8 percent the day after Chevy`s attempt to BS loyal truck buyers. Then let me draw you a picture ididnt, the 625 is now being built with every gearhead Copper in mind. So many ponies under the hood there will be sticky shit on the dash. And get this ididnt… Shhhh rear wheel drive, those crazy Portage Coppers will need rear tires every thousand miles chasing all those knuckheads from Dunkin Donuts. Then I think you should go sit in a 625 ST, seriously just sit in one. The dam thing is a sound studio with its B&O and an animal under the hood. I will most likely get the talkin too tomorrow but, ididnt you aint seen nuttin yet, cause what is coming will put the 625 right up there with the best selling truck (forever best selling that is) yep our 625 will be doin the dirt dance with the best of the off roaders. Do a little readin on the FX4 badge when you get a chance. PSSSST...CPD like the other big cities want that 625 Hybrid bad. 

One last thing, I completely agree with you when it come to us being our own competition. Hell we got all the sizes covered with Lincoln badges and Ford badges but with sales numbers like we got and finally giving the Lincoln`s real names and identities in their own sheet metal. Who is worried about competition? Other than the gloom and doomers?

Grab you a Starbucks or two on your way in on your next RDO or Super Saturday or Sunday it will keep you awake so you can bitch about working all the "forced overtime". 

(Yes The Supers Bee`s Cummin ?)

Edited by Decker

551 that local with almost 6000 members but can't get enough to show up to hold a meeting. No I'm not a fan but why try to feed me that campaign BS like I'm some new hire. Hopefully no one ends up on youtube this election like last time while another dodging a #metoo movement in court getting the Smollett treatment a true local to be embarrassed of not proud.

I'm not talking about what union can or can't do. I'm predicting what the company is going to do, we all know the unions useless at this point no one cares just count the number of votes this week and see how much they care. 

I'm not wishing lay offs on anyone I hope they offer legacy an exit so these young fresh new hires can continue, I work the line I know what it takes to produce XX amount and like I said unless there's more coming 2 vehicles is not enough for 3 shifts. 

2 hours ago, Decker said:

Fuzzy one of our members at CAP is showing his the union shit on me side...…(believe me I`ve had that treatment) and the I`m going to post old news on the web side to get some silly reactions. 

Ididntdoit look around we aren't barely out of MP2 and we are building "export" units that, those like you said we weren`t going to do. We are scheduled to start exports shipping to the port as soon as Ok to Shit is announced.  (Monday) The 611 is going to yep, (and members like you said wasn`t going to happen) China and Russia. I heard members like you tell members that China or South America is where 611 would be built. Hey ididntdoit do you have a clue of the profit margin on a 80K 611 when it rolls off the boat in China or the Middle East or for that matter Russia? At last count there 62 designations out there in the world that the fruits of your labor will end up. 

Now lets talk 625. Oh shit the exhaust!!!! leaks... the exhaust leaks!!!!!! (problem solved last model year) this like the airing of a commercial by the second or third place truck seller`s about OH MY GOODNESS Ford is selling an aluminum truck!!!! The bed gets dents!!!! Dam if our 625 orders never lost a percentage point in sales during the stinkfest and those dam F150 and F250`s went up 3.8 percent the day after Chevy`s attempt to BS loyal truck buyers. Then let me draw you a picture ididnt, the 625 is now being built with every gearhead Copper in mind. So many ponies under the hood there will be sticky shit on the dash. And get this ididnt… Shhhh rear wheel drive, those crazy Portage Coppers will need rear tires every thousand miles chasing all those knuckheads from Dunkin Donuts. Then I think you should go sit in a 625 ST, seriously just sit in one. The dam thing is a sound studio with its B&O and an animal under the hood. I will most likely get the talkin too tomorrow but, ididnt you aint seen nuttin yet, cause what is coming will put the 625 right up there with the best selling truck (forever best selling that is) yep our 625 will be doin the dirt dance with the best of the off roaders. Do a little readin on the FX4 badge when you get a chance. PSSSST...CPD like the other big cities want that 625 Hybrid bad. 

One last thing, I completely agree with you when it come to us being our own competition. Hell we got all the sizes covered with Lincoln badges and Ford badges but with sales numbers like we got and finally giving the Lincoln`s real names and identities in their own sheet metal. Who is worried about competition? Other than the gloom and doomers?

Grab you a Starbucks or two on your way in on your next RDO or Super Saturday or Sunday it will keep you awake so you can bitch about working all the "forced overtime". 

(Yes The Supers Bee`s Cummin ?)

so those problems with the new machines  that were known in dearborn but sent to us anyway got fixed in the last 2 days?  For the past month we've worked 5hr and sent home every shift barely producing 50-200 cars scrapping damn near all. Come out of that office and get on a job so you know whats really going on. Earn your damn votes.

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 12:44 PM, Ididntdoit said:

strike ford while trying to unionize their partner VW?  I've seen dumber things.

and how well has the UAW been doing at unionizing other auto manufacturers with their "we are a more friendly, arm of management" approach?Dont combine the 2 issues, strike and expanding UAW membership.As a dues paying member in good standing I want my concerns addressed not the IUAW`s business expansion plans.My guess is that Ford will be the target.After a settlement with Ford the UAW will turn to FCAU {corruption scandal} and GM {plant closings} and use the threat of a strike as leverage.A Strike is the most powerful tool any union has in its arsenal.The Company gives you nothing because they like you.You are not management.Even the foreign,transplant auto-manufacturers have it better because of the UAW they just don't recognize that fact.

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 12:05 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

Anyone waiting for a 6 figure buyout is going to be waiting for a long time 

4 more years,I guess.Ford needs massive restructuring in Europe.European unions are not the same as the UAW, they are stronger.Given these 2 facts,the question becomes how much $$$$ does Ford have left to spend on buyouts for the USA?I mean we work at Ford not Apple or Amazon.My guess is that Ford closes factories and terminates employees in Europe and other places this time around while hoping for the best in USA markets.4 more years------parole DENIED.Get back to work or FPS {find a place to sleep}.

Edited by Fatso
additonal comment

3 hours ago, Fatso said:

and how well has the UAW been doing at unionizing other auto manufacturers with their "we are a more friendly, arm of management" approach?Dont combine the 2 issues, strike and expanding UAW membership.As a dues paying member in good standing I want my concerns addressed not the IUAW`s business expansion plans.My guess is that Ford will be the target.After a settlement with Ford the UAW will turn to FCAU {corruption scandal} and GM {plant closings} and use the threat of a strike as leverage.A Strike is the most powerful tool any union has in its arsenal.The Company gives you nothing because they like you.You are not management.Even the foreign,transplant auto-manufacturers have it better because of the UAW they just don't recognize that fact.

it's 2019 not 1980's, I didn't combined the 2 Ford and VW did that on their own. Preach that UAW BS to someone else, go ahead strike and realize how solid that solidarity truly is. All those benefits freeze during a strike and 270$ isn't enough in 2019. But I'm sure their kool-aid taste sweet.

15 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

A buddy who works there told me there were a bunch of 30+ people who were pissed because they weren't offered.

5 hours ago, JacOdiamond said:

They didn’t offer buyouts at FRAP. 32 years there and nothing was offered. You didn’t read that from a reputable paper or source. 

That really sucks. Usually when there is a layoff they offer people over 30 separation packages.

44 minutes ago, cecilmeyer said:

That really sucks. Usually when there is a layoff they offer people over 30 separation packages.

They were doubly pissed because MAP workers had just gotten offered when we went down to 1 shift in final last year. 

Something tells me that a lot of 30+ at MAP could have taken it but decided to gamble and see what the offer would be with the new contract. 

3 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

They were doubly pissed because MAP workers had just gotten offered when we went down to 1 shift in final last year. 

Something tells me that a lot of 30+ at MAP could have taken it but decided to gamble and see what the offer would be with the new contract. 

That is where I made the mistake. It was MAP not FRAP that got the buyouts. I wonder they offered them at MAP and not FRAP?

3 hours ago, cecilmeyer said:

That is where I made the mistake. It was MAP not FRAP that got the buyouts. I wonder they offered them at MAP and not FRAP?

I remember hearing something while I was at Flat Rock in 2015/16 that there's something different about the higher seniority there since they were technically hired by Mazda or something like that. Not sure how true that is. 

19 hours ago, Ididntdoit said:

it's 2019 not 1980's, I didn't combined the 2 Ford and VW did that on their own. Preach that UAW BS to someone else, go ahead strike and realize how solid that solidarity truly is. All those benefits freeze during a strike and 270$ isn't enough in 2019. But I'm sure their kool-aid taste sweet.

I know what year it is and YES you did suggest that Ford UAW workers would be "dumb" to strike because of some "VW merger".As for "UAW BS" what pay grade are you?As for solidarity,the IUAW says walk and we walk.Maybe not you personally,because you are either salary or have opted-out.I don't like Kool-Aid.I never touch the stuff.Now is the time for action!As far as $270 and benefits,ya know what.Dont worry about it.The Union people with a backbone and some ethics will handle it all for ya.Collect your unemployment and sub and have a nice vacation.

Edited by Fatso
additional comment
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Fatso said:

I know what year it is and YES you did suggest that Ford UAW workers would be "dumb" to strike because of some "VW merger".As for "UAW BS" what pay grade are you?As for solidarity,the IUAW says walk and we walk.Maybe not you personally,because you are either salary or have opted-out.I don't like Kool-Aid.I never touch the stuff.Now is the time for action!As far as $270 and benefits,ya know what.Dont worry about it.The Union people with a backbone and some ethics will handle it all for ya.Collect your unemployment and sub and have a nice vacation.

remind of one of those with barely 8yr following our chairman around as part of his entourage as he trys to campaign. "The Union people with back bone" where were they the last 4 contracts? I haven't seen any since the 90's so please point them out. Besides I'm at CAP where the company runs the local.

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 11:11 PM, Ididntdoit said:

so those problems with the new machines  that were known in dearborn but sent to us anyway got fixed in the last 2 days?  For the past month we've worked 5hr and sent home every shift barely producing 50-200 cars scrapping damn near all. Come out of that office and get on a job so you know whats really going on. Earn your damn votes.

Ididntdoit you are just a little uninformed. Slightly short on your process knowledge. During any launching of a unit there are stages and you my fellow member are in the last stages and will see 5 hour days, line rates (JPH) varying widely and units parked every fricken where. Are there repairs, equipment adjustments absolutely.  Yep, you will help build those perfectly new units that some lucky bass turds get to run into a brick wall. As for the problems known to Dearborn, welp... I could tell you some really funny recollections of the VOME`s standing next to equipment with their mouths wide open when a piece of equipment started up for the first time out on the floor and the ever popular statement rolls off their tong's "it didn`t do that in CAD or at the ABB facility" :runaway: 

You don`t have to believe it and you won`t.... but this ain`t nuttin new ididnt. Oh and when you are expressing  "we" can`t support "3" crew`s with only two products" that gives away the knowledge level of the process. Two units with 6 or 8 different models. To many we produce a Ford and a Lincoln but unknown to you we produce models that differ in content. These model`s and content are truly what we build. Just ask any MP&L member about the content nightmares....

ididnt you will be just fine. On any given day I`m out on the floor other than when I`m doing paperwork while on the porcelain thrown. So if you happen to see a rather old long hair in those silly ass paint coveralls just say yeah Decker what the hell is this silly shit? I will give you what I am aware of and I know you might not believe it again, buuut I don`t hand out sheet shit.

Edited by Decker

26 minutes ago, Decker said:

I could tell you some really funny recollections of the VOME`s standing next to equipment with their mouths wide open when a piece of equipment started up for the first time out on the floor and the ever popular statement rolls off their tong's "it didn`t do that in CAD or at the ABB facility" 

This reminds me of the time I got into an argument with an engineer during the Continental launch over the door line carriers and how they were set up. He didn't want to listen what I was saying and sure enough the first time someone other than me did that job exactly what I told them would happen, happened. If only you could have been there to see how hard I was laughing. 

that's cute, explaining the stages of a launch. I've done over a dozen, so what. Problems we're having with this launch were problems found while training in dearborn but never got addressed till they got here. I know how we'll have short work weeks then slammed back into OT. I see how many we're building and scrapping. Not that this launch is going bad just I don't see enough to justify the 3rd shift. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm going on past experience. New leaders on both ends it can be different but I don't have faith in the company nor union at this point.

4 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

This reminds me of the time I got into an argument with an engineer during the Continental launch over the door line carriers and how they were set up. He didn't want to listen what I was saying and sure enough the first time someone other than me did that job exactly what I told them would happen, happened. If only you could have been there to see how hard I was laughing. 

I hear you Fuzzy, everything looks good staring into a computer monitor. Then there is the "oh shit their doing it like we told them" moments when the shop is loaded to the gills with rework....

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Decker ain't nothing being OK'ed anytime soon, I knew better but I checked any way so ya you made me look but ain't nothing happening anytime this month just more red flags saying bye bye C crew. I hope they fix these issues, nothing is secure in Chicago not even the plant it's self.