Where are the Ford Scout mules?

Has anyone seen any mules for the scout/maverick yet? Since we have seen bronco mules already and it comes out after the scout, I would have assumed we would have seen it already. I keep striking out on other new ford vehicles (the new escape isn’t my cup of tea, the Corsair optioned the way I want it is more than I want to spend, and the ranger just seems like a stop gap until the next gen comes out), so I’m really hoping the scout checks all the boxes or I’m not sure what I’ll do for my next vehicle. I liked the pics of it that came out a few months ago, but I’m really hoping we start getting some more info and clearer/more detailed pics soon.

All the engineering development and validation were probably done in conjunction with Escape and Corsair so it won't need a separate mule testing phase. Some of the supposed Escape or Corsair mule could have very well been Scout mules... we just don't know because they are the same vehicles under the tophat. And of course Ford could test any Scout specific hardware with a new production Escape or Corsair body once those cars hit the dealer lot... so we really won't know at all if it is a Scout mule.

I think what you meant to ask is the lack of Scout prototypes... which is the camouflaged test vehicle with Scout specific body panels. And it's too early to see prototypes yet. I think we will see some by late summer or fall.

Edited by bzcat
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bzcat said:

All the engineering development and validation were probably done in conjunction with Escape and Corsair so it won't need a separate mule testing phase. Some of the supposed Escape or Corsair mule could have very well been Scout mules... we just don't know because they are the same vehicles under the tophat. And of course Ford could test any Scout specific hardware with a new production Escape or Corsair body once those cars hit the dealer lot... so we really won't know at all if it is a Scout mule.

I think what you meant to ask is the lack of Scout prototypes... which is the camouflaged test vehicle with Scout specific body panels. And it's too early to see prototypes yet. I think we will see some by late summer or fall.

If figured since it was more “off road” orientated that it might have had its own mules, but what you say makes sense.  

7 minutes ago, Deanh said:

I wonder if the "scout" will be part of the bronco lineup...as its pretty well known its going to be a full range, small ( Scout ) Medium ( Bronco ) and Full size ( no name yet )

Well since it was leaked that the name was "Bronco Scout" I'd say that's a done deal.

19 minutes ago, Deanh said:

theres a full size coming...Im guessing, but don't be surprised if its on the f-150 chassis with the IRS...... 

4 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

So... Expedition

Did not know this!  Something more than the FX4 Expedition?  Interesting . . . 

https://www.offroadxtreme.com/features/car-features/2018-ford-expedition-fx4-review-unassuming-off-road-superstar/

Edited by IMSA-XJR9

1 hour ago, Deanh said:

theres a full size coming...Im guessing, but don't be surprised if its on the f-150 chassis with the IRS...... 

Well, I was thinking  it would make  sense to use the Supercab with the clamshell doors for a shorter version of Expeditionand add  some Raptor influences.

I'm still waiting on the 2001 Mercury Cougar S that was listed in the dealer literature. Guessing it's probably parked next to all the new Bronco's, Lincoln Mustang based coupe, Mach/Model E, and anything else they said was coming for...ever. Please feel free to add any models I missed.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

Bronco Scout (CX430)

Bronco 2-Door (U725)

Bronco 4-Door (U725)

Bronco Fullsize - not approved due to a few reasons, chiefly being lack of production space. If the Expedition and Navigator had their own plant, it probably would’ve been approved. But....they don’t wanted to give up Expedition and Navigator volumes. If they find space elsewhere this may change.

• Like 1

How cool would a Bronco Navigator be?  I mean, you might want a different name, or Maybe not, it kinda sounds cool no?  I wonder what you would call such a vehicle.

But basically a LR Defender or Mercedes G-class killer, that would be sweet.

Edited by probowler

2 hours ago, ExplorerDude said:

Bronco Scout (CX430)

Bronco 2-Door (U725)

Bronco 4-Door (U725)

Bronco Fullsize - not approved due to a few reasons, chiefly being lack of production space. If the Expedition and Navigator had their own plant, it probably would’ve been approved. But....they don’t wanted to give up Expedition and Navigator volumes. If they find space elsewhere this may change.

Those vehicles seem to be getting even more production space so the logistics may be to see how a larger non-Raptor SUV fits in.

1 hour ago, probowler said:

How cool would a Bronco Navigator be?  I mean, you might want a different name, or Maybe not, it kinda sounds cool no?  I wonder what you would call such a vehicle.

But basically a LR Defender or Mercedes G-class killer, that would be sweet.

Think shorter WB.....if SC F15s keep fading away, maybe there's a chance of adding something at one plant and consolidating the SCs at the other. Ford F Series is powering on with producton and sales, GM should wish to be so lucky..:)

Should be seeing Bronco protos in daylight soon, they're out and about at night....people think they're NG Wranglers LOL

Edited by jpd80