'21 F150 SuperCab Spied

2021 Ford F-150 spied

2021 Ford F-150 spied

2021 Ford F-150 spied

2021 Ford F-150 spied

2021 Ford F-150 spied

2021 Ford F-150 spied

Image result for 2019 f-150 rear

You're able to see the new mirror shape in these photos - it interestingly mounts the mirror in the center of the "arm" that attaches to the door.  I included the current model at a similar angle for reference.  I'm guessing they had complaints about visibility around the mirrors.

There's a camera in the CHMSL on one of them too.

Edited by rmc523

2 minutes ago, twintornados said:

The door window sill "drop down" for the mirror is covered in the spy shots.

Yes, I know that.  But the mirror itself is still shorter than the current one and mounted lower on the arm.  The top of the current mirror goes to the top of where the black plastic meets the window line (where the camo piece goes in the spy shots), the new one is about 3/4 as tall.

1 minute ago, silvrsvt said:

Maybe they are going to offer a 360 camera setup on the F-series?

They already have that.  They've had it since at least 2017, if not 2015 (my dad's '17 Raptor has it).

29 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Might be a Bed camera.  Very popular in the aftermarket.

Years ago, I was driving a regular cab F250 to the midwest from the west coast, that had a sheet of plywood laying in an otherwise empty bed. I happened to turn my head, and saw that sheet "levitating" above the floor. Hit the shoulder, and threw that sheet in the ditch before it came out on its' own and killed somebody.

A bed camera would have come in handy.   HRG

50 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Years ago, I was driving a regular cab F250 to the midwest from the west coast, that had a sheet of plywood laying in an otherwise empty bed. I happened to turn my head, and saw that sheet "levitating" above the floor. Hit the shoulder, and threw that sheet in the ditch before it came out on its' own and killed somebody.

A bed camera would have come in handy.   HRG

Wouldn't have helped you at all since they only work when the truck is in reverse.  At least the stock ones on the Super Duties work that way.

48 minutes ago, akirby said:

Bed cameras are extremely useful in super and crew cabs since you can't really see the bed contents (at least I can't).  Almost a no brainer.

A bed camera is really only useful for hooking up a fifth wheel or gooseneck trailer since they only work in reverse.  Unless you are talking aftermarket, which may allow you to use them at any time.

5 hours ago, fordmantpw said:

Wouldn't have helped you at all since they only work when the truck is in reverse.  At least the stock ones on the Super Duties work that way.

A bed camera is really only useful for hooking up a fifth wheel or gooseneck trailer since they only work in reverse.  Unless you are talking aftermarket, which may allow you to use them at any time.

I was thinking it could be used any time.   If it’s only used in reverse then it’s not much better than the tailgate camera (other than the fifth wheel use case).

3 minutes ago, fordmantpw said:

Yup.

A better feature for me would be to have a second camera on top of the tailgate (or have the current one rotate 90 degrees) so you can see as you back up with the tailgate down.  It looks strange looking at asphalt or concrete as your backing up.

16 hours ago, fordmantpw said:

They could include a button to view the camera on the dash.  I know you can access the front (and I think 360 view too) camera at any time via the dash-mounted button on my dad's truck.

46 minutes ago, Trailhiker said:

They lowered the handle for the tailgate quite a bit. Also, looks like the sensors for backing up have been moved much closer to the license plate.

Hm, it still could be up higher - we're just seeing the opening in the camo.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

A better feature for me would be to have a second camera on top of the tailgate (or have the current one rotate 90 degrees) so you can see as you back up with the tailgate down.  It looks strange looking at asphalt or concrete as your backing up.

Agreed! That would be handy.  

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

They could include a button to view the camera on the dash.  I know you can access the front (and I think 360 view too) camera at any time via the dash-mounted button on my dad's truck.

Only up to 5 MPH I believe it is.  Anything over that and it just tells you it's disabled.

16 minutes ago, fordmantpw said:

Agreed! That would be handy.  

Only up to 5 MPH I believe it is.  Anything over that and it just tells you it's disabled.

Oh you might be right.  I haven't been in his truck in a while.  They ought to change that - guess they don't want you watching the camera while driving, though.