Gladiator: Ike Gauntlet

MY93SHO

This Jeep has the towing prowess of my 2008 Explorer.  That was hard to watch with the motor red lining and the driver begging it to make it to the tunnel.  

Won't stop the Jeep guys from clamoring for it, though.  In today's strange world, you don't have to be good, you just have to be cool.

1 hour ago, Going_Going_Gone said:

I kept hearing Andre say how well it drove, yet the video showed the vehicle wandering over the white lines on both sides.  With big rigs around, that makes for white-knuckle driving for most people.

And at the end, he was urging it to make the finish...that was painful.  I know that hill well, the last 8th of a mile is indeed very steep. 

The Ranger crushed that climb - they held it back per their own ground rules, as they do with all Ford Ecoboost engines.  Fords are the only trucks that can actually exceed the speed limits consistently with max load on that beast of a climb.

Edited by Kev-Mo
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/24/2019 at 8:52 PM, Anthony said:

The TFL Ike Gauntlet with the Ranger was only with 5k lbs.  I'd love to see them do the Super Ike (maxed out) with the Ranger.  It could not be worse than the Jeep did.

Yes, Ranger has max towing at 7500 lbs but the Tacoma had less at 6400 lbs, so they went 5,000 lb to make sure that tacoma wasn't over gross combined weight. I have no doubt tht Ranger would do well on a super Ike run with 7,000 lbs, if only to compare like with like. So let's have it guys, a Super Ike with Ranger and Colorado  maxed out to 7,000 lbs, maybe do Tacoma at its 6400 lb limit.

People say that Jeep is not the vehicle to be towing up Ike Gauntlet but with respect,perhaps Jeep shouldn't be rating it at 7,000 lbs if there's a question with towing that much with a more off road oriented vehicle.

Also, the reason Gadilator was moving all over the lanes had to do with truck grooves worn in the lanes being wider than a mid sized truck's track width, Mr. Truck Kent explained that well in the video.

11 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I'd agree with that.  From the side, it's very oddly proportioned.

No wonder Jeep stopped Mahindra from copying it, Imagine $2xK Jeep copies that are just as good, probably better quality/reliability.

5 hours ago, jpd80 said:

No wonder Jeep stopped Mahindra from copying it, Imagine $2xK Jeep copies that are just as good, probably better quality/reliability.

Are you talking about the Mahindra ROXOR 'Jeep'? It's still in production where it's made in Michigan and still sold here in America. Mahindra claims it has the license to build the old Willy Jeep which Mahindra has continuously built in India for 70 years so it's grandfathered in when it comes to laws such as copyrights, etc. The ROXOR is off road use only and can't be driven on road; again to be able to bypass many laws. The frame is all-new redesigned and fully-boxes steel. The ROXOR comes with standard rollbars and comes with more options such as canvas top or hard top. Looks nice when you see the site that starts at $16,000 though it can quickly climb up to almost $40,000 though when fully loaded. Check out the Build page. From what I read, it's quite reliable and maybe even a better value on the brand-new Jeep Wrangler. The new Wrangler and Gladiator do look nice but I would actually consider the ROXOR which can be configured as Sport 2-seat, Sport 4-seat, and even 2-seat 'pickup'!

https://www.roxoroffroad.com/

Goadiator needs a 2 door...the 4 door config has killed that heep....heep would still sell a 2 door unlimited today...04-06 LJ unlimited is still nearly 14 years later highly sought after...05-06 low mile LJ Rubicons can hit low 20's ....i would also like a retro 73 super jeep with modern drivetrain..it would be useless but fun

Edited by snooter