Engine "On-Off" malfunction and Audio "Thud" Station Change?

phil1336

It appears that my 2018 Ford EcoSport has a new issue with its high tech Engine On-Off Technology  where the engine runs constantly regardless where the Default Override Button is pushed? Another odd phenomenon is that when the Vehicle is started, about 50% of the time, a loud "Thud" sound happens and causes the Radio so switch from the previous FM Station to somewhere on the AM band?  Need to push the Music Icon Button on the Radio to return to the previous FM Station.  Software issue, perhaps?

Can't help you with the radio but the Stop/ Start seems to work when it wants to. My 2018 works better than the 2015 did. I talked to my tech who I've known for 20 years, he said there are all kinds of parameters that govern whether it engages or not.

If you think it's not working right have it looked at.

• 3 weeks later...

Brought my EcoSport to Dealer to checkout Audio issues with (pop) sound and change of FM to AM when engine restarted.  They did a Radio re-boot and ran some diagnostic tests.  Re-programmed as Service Bulletin recommended and issue appears to be resolved. The "On-Off" Engine feature was explained that if AC is set on "Max" setting, it automatically shuts off the "On-Off" setting to compensate.  Setting AC to Cold regardless of recirculate or outdoor air blend no matter Fan output, solves the mystery. The "On-Off" technology appears to do nothing to improve the dismal Fuel Economy though.  Perhaps the new Escape Hybrid will be the end of this EcoSport disastrous experiment.  I'm sure its residual trade-in value will be "Huge", lol.