Chevy Bolt "EUV" (crossover) Spied

rmc523

1 hour ago, akirby said:

You’re joking, right?

Model 3 is the only car in it's class that outselling Bolt while leaving Volt in the dust and runs neck-neck with Prius-Prime, BTW where's Ford's version?.....

1 minute ago, Fgts said:

Model 3 is the only car in it's class that outselling Bolt while leaving Volt in the dust and runs neck-neck with Prius-Prime, BTW where's Ford's version?.....

Show us where any of those are actually bringing sustainable profit to their companies....

OK, maybe the Prius.  If that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 92merc said:

Show us where any of those are actually bringing sustainable profit to their companies....

OK, maybe the Prius.  If that.

Well GM made $2 billion last quarter, don't know how much GM is making money on Bolt but at this point it's short-sighted not to have a mainstream EV to compete.

24 minutes ago, Fgts said:

Well GM made $2 billion last quarter, don't know how much GM is making money on Bolt but at this point it's short-sighted not to have a mainstream EV to compete.

From everything I've read, General Malfunction isn't making a dime on the Bolt and didn't on the Volt.  They lost money after development costs are considered.

If Ford can't do it AND make a profit, they shouldn't be doing it just for F***'s sake.  They need to make money.  Which is why I think we're seeing the new 10 speed version of hybrids hitting hard.  It's a more profitable system to use the existing 10 speed trans as a basis.

I think they could make a bit of money making a performance hybrid ala Ford GT type setup.  Small production, purpose built.  I think that is what the Mach EV is going to be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 92merc said:

From everything I've read, General Malfunction isn't making a dime on the Bolt and didn't on the Volt.  They lost money after development costs are considered.

If Ford can't do it AND make a profit, they shouldn't be doing it just for F***'s sake.  They need to make money.  Which is why I think we're seeing the new 10 speed version of hybrids hitting hard.  It's a more profitable system to use the existing 10 speed trans as a basis.

I think they could make a bit of money making a performance hybrid ala Ford GT type setup.  Small production, purpose built.  I think that is what the Mach EV is going to be.

Again, where's Ford's effort now after Focus EV and C-Max?, don't think that the Bolt/Volt tech is strictly for the US only with China and Buick. I'm highly doubtful the Mach 1 will be in-line in price for Bolt, hopefully they aiming at Tesla.

On 5/18/2019 at 8:56 AM, Fgts said:

How you know it will fail?, if GM making another one the current one have to have something going on with it.

Because it's very similar to Bolt in sizing, and Bolt isn't doing that great.  People want a stylish vehicle/electric, not an econobox.

On 5/20/2019 at 12:10 PM, rmc523 said:

Because it's very similar to Bolt in sizing, and Bolt isn't doing that great.  People want a stylish vehicle/electric, not an econobox.

Yet it's still the 2nd bestseller. If wasn't for the Model 3 it would be #1 like it was before the Tesla showed up, plus who knows?, the Bolt might become "sexy" in it's 2nd generation.

16 hours ago, Fgts said:

Yet it's still the 2nd bestseller. If wasn't for the Model 3 it would be #1 like it was before the Tesla showed up, plus who knows?, the Bolt might become "sexy" in it's 2nd generation.

Lol.  So second in a pool of like 5 models (2-3 of which in its price point) is good?  If anything it should be doing better with so few entrants.  It's on pace to sell about 18,000 vehicles this year.